➪ 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓲𝔁

Dʀᴀᴄᴏ Mᴀʟғᴏʏ •

Dʀᴀᴄᴏ Mᴀʟғᴏʏ •

"Mama, how do I know I'm ready for a relationship?" I question lowly, my mother looking at me across the booth at the Three Broomsticks.

She sighed, "Draco, I'm a little confused. I thought you and Marilyn were doing good?"

I rubbed my eyes, taking another drink of my coffee. I didn't sleep last night, I couldn't. Marilyn lied to me when she said she was going to Pansy's, she fell asleep on the couch and I had to carry her back to her dorm. I fed Avalon before I left, but I went to my dorm after I fed her.

My heart aches because I didn't mean to make her upset, I want to be with her. But I'm fucked up in the head, and I have anger issues and I'm scared if I screw up one more time, she won't even let me see Avalon. I've been sexually assaulted— twice, and I want to give her my best if we're in a relationship, I just don't know how.

"We— we are— we're," i huffed, "She wants a relationship, mama. I'm not sure I'll be able to give her what she wants and I'm scared— she almost told me she loved me." I feel like I could cry right now, she's been hurt so many times by me and I tried to show her I wasn't upset. "I'm scared. I'm scared if she needs me and I can't be there then something bad happens, I'm scared if I tell her I love her back, and we don't end up working out, I'll never be able to recover from it. I'm scared, mama."

She grasped onto my hands, "Draco, take a deep breath." I did as she told me too, trying to stop my eyes from watering. "It's okay to be scared. I don't think you've ever been in a relationship, dear. Tell me, has there ever been a time you weren't there for her?"

A few.

"Some," I admitted, rubbing my eyes even more. "But I was— I was dumb."

Mama set her drink down, "Would you do anything for her? Would you put her needs before yours or anyone else's?"

"Of course I would," I ran a hand through my hair, my lips frowning. "I'm not ready to say I love you. I've never said it to anyone besides you, mama. What if we break up? What if I screw up another time because of my anger and I end up hurting her again."

She shook her head, "Draco, you've already seen how bad you can hurt her. That's what's stopped you from doing it for a long time, am I correct?" I nodded, feeling her hand tighten in mine. "You two have spent a lot of time together, you're the father of her child. It's normal for her to fall in love."

I wiped the tear off my cheek, "I— I don't know what to tell her. She thinks I rejected her— she thinks I don't want her."

Mama chuckled, "Give her time, she'll come around."

My hand shook as I knocked on her dorm door, holding my breath.

I want to give her a relationship. That's what I'll tell her. But what if she shuts me out? What if she slams the door on me. Jesus fuck, I haven't slept at all and I just want to see her and my daughter.

The door opened, her body standing right in front of me. "Please don't leave me," I blurted, watching her face contour in confusion. "I can be in a relationship— I can do it. I— I want to do it just please, I don't want to lose you. I can't —"

"Draco," she stopped my rambling, reaching up to wipe off my cheeks. "Im not leaving you. I wasn't gonna leave you— but I don't want to force you into a relationship if you're not ready. I just needed time to think."

I rubbed my eyes for the seventh time today, "You told me you were gonna go to Pansy's. I found you on the couch, Marilyn, what if—"

"I know," she opened her door wider, letting me walk in and close it behind me. "I'm sorry."

I scrunched up my face, "I don't— want your apology.." my voice was weak, I just wanted to hold her. I looked around to see Avalon laying on the bed, a small toy in her hand. "Marilyn, I can give you a relationship."

She sat on her bed, sniffling and it took me a moment to realize she was crying. I walked over to her, kneeling down in front of her. "I'm sorry I— I don't want you to be with me just because I got upset over it. I feel like a horrible person— you weren't comfortable with it."

"Baby," I took the pad of my thumbs and wiped underneath her cheeks. "I talked with my mom. I just want to be with you forever— I can't lose you. But I want to be with you, I wasn't rejecting you. I swear to fuck, I want you. I'm just scared."

She slid off the bed and into my lap, straddling me, wrapping her arms around me and just started silently crying into my neck. "I'm sorry, I'm— I won't do it again."

I rubbed her back, "I'm not blaming you for anything. You didn't do anything wrong." I kissed the crook of her neck lightly, "I'm yours and you're mine. Okay, Love?"

She nodded, "Please feed her. She wouldn't eat— I don't know why. I don't know if it's because you weren't here or—"

"I've got it," I hooked my hands under her thighs and stood up, laying her down on the bed and pushing my lips onto hers.

She kissed me back instantly, her hands sliding in my hair. I pulled away and smiled down at her, and even though she didn't smile back, I knew she was okay now.

When I finished feeding Avalon, I laid her next to Marilyn on the bed and laid down with them both, and not a moment later, Marilyn was getting comfortable between my legs.

She rested her head on my chest, and slid her hand back into my hair, looking up at me. "I'm not leaving, okay? We stay together, no matter what."