Just like bats, they are non-existent during the day or more appropriate to say they have no use at the time, but during the night, every crime possible could happen. Plus, nights are dark, so it's more difficult to catch these ruthless criminals and they can do their duty at ease and in a noiseless way.

And that's what makes you hate the night. It is so dangerous, especially when you are a girl. A young one, even. It feels like predators have looked upon you as prey, even though you haven't even encountered one...yet. Bashing the society for making women be more cautious or learn some precautions or self-defence, just so they could live to see another day. But why would we keep doing that? Why is it necessary for women to bring tasers or pepper spray will be the only solution? Why can't these criminals get caught or stop the bullshit that they keep on committing?

These methods were just making them get away with their shit easily. They normalize all of this nonsense to the point that no one will be shocked anymore if the crimes are rubbed in front of their face because it's either people expected it or it was too common to occur in the first place.

Damn it, Asu! If only you can use that resting bitch face of yours properly, I think I could even cheat death if possible.

That best friend of yours sure scared the shit out of people with her intimidating expression and aura but after people got to know her more, she was just a friendly and talkative person. So most people's first impression of her will be 'scary', 'seems like someone have major anger issues' or whatever thing that describes her as petrifying.

For once you hope that she is someone frightening so that you wouldn't need to fear walking alone right now...and having a 'scary dog' privilege.

You were already set where you wanted to go since you've done a little bit of research at the cram school's library.

You deadass searched up on Google 'abandoned places in Roppongi' but somehow the results weren't what you wanted. Maybe you searched for something too specific. Or there ain't no way someone will wholeheartedly take pictures of these places and act like it was the best discovery and deserved to be posted on blogs anyways.

At first, you were scared to search it up, because what if they show ghost pictures or gore stuff like bloody walls or something. All that thought in your head made your body hair stand up like they were singing the national anthem.

Not only were you shaking like a leaf, but the person queued up behind you only gave you mortified stares. You weren't the only one that wanted to use the library's computers. The boy sure assumed that you were one of those Occult Club girls that do rituals so they could get better grades in exams.

But that wasn't the case. How unfortunate you are to get accused so badly. Well, of course, you were unaware of what the dude was thinking of you.

Because you have the nerve to even ask him...

"Do you know where the Haitani Brothers' hideout is?" You turned around to face the person behind you, leaning your hands on the chair to make yourself comfortable.

He who was standing in a relaxed manner before turned stiff, like an electric shock flowing right into his veins. Hearing their name already made his spine about to break from fear.

"H-huh?" He stuttered. Most likely he can't comprehend what you asked him.

You were annoyed with the boy indeed, you could assume that he was scared of the brothers. But it's not like he is in your situation. You are the one that is going to approach those devils, why is he about to shit his pants? It's more logical if you did instead (but you wouldn't of course).

"...Seems obvious that you know.."you squint your eyes at him, indicating how unamused you were.

"I-I'm not sure if it's true or not!"