Chapter 3 - Dreams and Nightmares

Start from the beginning

The school is pretty far away and leaving early only gives me just a few extra minutes and with all my injury's it hurts more but luckily I know how to drive, I got my license when I was sixteen. I walk down a few more houses until I see 'Flame' my bike. I grab the keys out of my bag, hop on and start up Flame hearing her roar to life, I push the bike with my legs on to the drive way and start driving to school.

Every time I finish school I park my bike a few houses down so no one sees or can find Flame especially my guardians, and when ever I need to use it I just walk down to where it's parked and drive where ever I need to go.

You see I am an underground fighter and racer. Which basically means I fight and race people for money illegally, I go buy the name 'Artemis' and everyone who knows me by that name is petrified of me and I can't say I don't like it. And I'm even great at using guns, knives and any other weapon out there.

My kidnappers first started teaching hand to hand combat when I was twelve or so years old and later on at 13 I was thought how to use guns and knives. Then after my escape and getting use the abuse I got from them I decided to keep on practicing and soon I became the best undefeated underground champion of London.

Me and Natalya own a big company which is focused on jewelry and dresses which is called 'Born to Shine'. And another company which focuses on child care which me and all of my friends take care off.

Unfortunately I arrived at school 'Lake Wood High' a hell hole to all mostly those who hate school. I park Flame and start walking towards the school entrance where me and my friends meet up every morning. I reach where my friends are waiting some patient and some not so much. Even though they're a pain in the ass sometimes they're the best I could ask for, the boys have known me since I was six and seven while me and Nat known each other since we were born.

"There you are, are you okay?" that was Natalya she has long brown hair while a mesmerizing blue confines underneath, pretty blue eyes and isn't short but not tall either. Nat's the Russian Mafia Princess and yes she knows about the abuse I go through at home. Her last name is Ivanov.

The boy's attention turns towards us as soon as they heard Nat talk looking at her in confusion. They look towards me and they're faces quickly change to worry. Especially Ben, you see his parents had gave him up for adoption when he was young for no reason and he's now living in an orphanage where all they do is abuse and treat the kids like trash. My friends and I hate the fact we can't help him much.

"Hey guys, good morning and yes Talya I'm fine, at least today I managed to miss the first beating of the day." I answer Nat's pending question, and Talya's another name we call Nat.

"Nightmares?" Elliot asks. Elliot is the introvert of the group he doesn't talk to others but with us he's always himself. Unfortunately him and James don't have it easy since there parents aren't really well off so him and JJ have to work as well just for them to pay the bills.

And you might ask about the money they make while working with me in my childcare company. Truth is there parents know and want them to use it for school.

I nod yes answering Elliot's question. You see for us this has become a schedule mostly for them. If I get to school on time or mention the fact I missed my morning beating, they figure out whether I got a beating or not.

They relax a little bit just a little knowing I may be able to survive a school day. I point my index finger towards the entrance asking silently if we should head inside. They nod in agreement and we start to walk, just before reaching inside I feel myself get pushed. I fall down biting my lip to stop the scream of pain so hard that it drew blood. Instinctively I clutch my ribs from pain and look up to see the bitch Ava, who thinks that she runs this school.

She wears the shortest shirts and skirts that ever existed and puts on an excessive amount of make-up , I'm not telling anyone how to dress like she can dress how comfortable she wants but her clothes don't cover everything. And some boys say that girls who don't even dare look there way are attention seekers. I mentally roll my eyes at how ridiculous others can get and grab Ben's that has been extending out towards me for a minute or so now.

He helps in pulling my body off of the floor; him and Elliot are looking at me with concern, while Nat, Oliver and JJ are glaring daggers at Ava and her minions. That reminds me I need to ask one of them for pain killers since I forgot to stop on the way to buy some. We each have a box of painkillers with us so just in-case one of us gets hurt the others have something to kill the pain. Unfortunately I ran out on the ones I had but I'll ask them for some later.

"Are you okay?" Ben asks his voice laced with concern. Before I could answer Ava speaks "I'm sure she's fine, I didn't even push her that hard she is probably doing it for attention and plus she was in my way."

Oli and Nat growl in anger being the most protective, James starts shaking in frustration, Ben's grip on my hand tightens probably refraining him self from punching her and Elliot looked calm but if you looked deep in his eyes you could see the rage flaming up inside.

"Or maybe you're just to blind to see what is right in-front of you because I'm sure animals have better sight than you." I say with an emotionless voice and my face the same.

Ava and her means glare at me for what I said but what can I say I was always told to tell the truth and I just felt like telling it to her. My friends smirk at my remark while Oliver speaks " How about you take your fake body and negativity somewhere else and leave us be."

The rest of us nod in agreement while Ava and her minions scoff and walk away as if nothing ever happened. Once they're no longer in sight the rest look at me in worry "Guys I'm fine it's not like I don't get worse but I wouldn't mind if someone gave me a painkiller or two because I'm all out."

Oliver quickly hands me two painkillers and I swallow them dry. "Are you sure we don't need to go to the nurses office or something?" JJ asks still concerned I respond "Yes Jame I'm sure now let's go grab our books and head to class before we're late."

I hear a chorus of yes's coming from them though still sounding unsure. We all head inside towards our lockers conveniently all next to each other. We all grab our books and head to first period.

While thinking about today's nightmare that was also a dream.

---------

Words: 2116

Hey guys this is the third chapter hope you guys like it. As always don't don't be silent readers. Have good day or night.

xoxo

Purple-writer