Chapter five ~ denial

Yesterday was the day when Ningguang and Beidou went out to lunch. Today they were supposed to meet in the evening.

"Hi Ningguang I'm so sorry for ditching you like this but me and the crew have some urgent business we need to take care of so i won't be able to meet you tonight."
Was nicely written on a piece of paper which Beidou gave to Ganyu who delivered it to Ningguang. When Ningguang red it she felt a little disappointed but mainly sad. That's when she realised something, she wanted Beidou to be more than a friend to her. Someone who comforts her when she cries, someone who will stand by her no matter what, someone who ...loves her. "what have i done, what the hell is wrong with me!!" she ,now in tears said. It wasn't the thought of loving a woman that scared her, it was the reactions of the people. Especially Beidou who wasn't really loved by quite a lot of the people in Liyue harbour. She was scared.

"it's alright Ningguang you will get over this, it is just a phase these feelings are not real. Besides of they were Beidou would surely hate me for this and what about the people of Liyue. it would be a disaster" Ningguang said to herself quietly while looking in the mirror.

"What's up lady Ningguang are you feeling allright?" Keqing asked ,kind of interrupting Ningguang in her deep thoughts. "Everything is fine Keqing" Ning responded with now red eyes from crying a few seconds ago and flashed a smile which was unusual so it sorta surprised Keqing.

After Keqing left Ningguang again focused on her work again. She wondered what kind of work was so important for Beidou but figured it was probably some delivery and she'll be back soon.

"I'm sorry Ningguang" Beidou thought as they sailed away from Liyue harbour. Beidou despite now literally driving a ship all she could think about is Ningguang. That sweet feeling she couldn't describe. Although Beidou has had a few partners along the years she never felt something like that to even them. It was something so special. Although she liked the idea of that sweet flowery feeling she was scared of it in a way.

In some way it was absolutely absurd for her to be in love with Ningguan. She is the powerful taiquan of Liyue qinxing , then there was Beidou a strong pirate respected everywhere... except for Liyue harbour. Quite a few people in Liyue harbour don't like Beidou for a lot of reasons but mainly because some trouble she caused years ago so even being friends with the taiquan was sorta problematic.

Beidou then, after minutes of thinking realised something "holy shit im in love with lady Ningguang" she then said out loud praying nobody heard her when she realised what exactly she said. Thankfully nobody noticed which relived Beidou.

When Beidou got back to the harbour after 2 days, they didn't speak to each other very much . Maybe it was because the lantern rite was next week and it was a lot of work or maybe both felt awkward around the other one after their realisation, well nobody knows that's for sure.

It was a especially sunny day for January and Beidou decided to go visit Xianling for a while since she did tell her that she has some new recipes she'd like Beidou to try. When she got to the wanmin restaurant Xianling was already waiting for her.

"Hello Beidou, i didn't thought We'd meet here again" someone said from behind her. It was Ganyu who was just getting her boss and Keqjng some food. "Oh hi there ganyu, how is Ningguang doing" Beidou replied and smiled after. "i was about to tell you i have this note for you from her" Ganyu said.

"Dear Beidou, would you go to the lantern rite with me?" Were the words written on that piece of paper. Beidou took a pen whch appeared out of nowhere and wrote "of course I'll go. Meet me today at our usual spot" and handed it over to miss Ganyu.

Beidou got her food and overall had a great time at the Wanmin restaurant trying Xianling's new dishes

I was finally night time.

"so we meet again, Captain Beidou" Ningguang said. "hey Ning why did you call me here". "oh well i though it would be a nice way of asking you..." Ningguang responded. "so will you go to the lantern rite with me Beidou, well we will probably just take a walk and stay in the jade chamber the rest what do you think". Beidou stood there a bit shook "oh well of course i'll go with you" she said and smiled sweetly blushing a little.

The rest of the night they stayed sitting on the cliff just talking about life. Their daily lives and Beidou's battle with the haisan. Beidou had so many stories from her travels she could talk for days without end and Ningguang was willing to listen to all of it.

NEXT CHAPTER ITS LANTERN RITE TIME I ACTUALLY HAVE MOTIVATION TO WRITE SO IT MIGHT BE TOMORROW AGAIN THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE SHORTER