"𝙸'𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎" | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

Start from the beginning

MJ could see his panicked expression and decided to drop the question.

"I'm just kidding, I don't care Bye!" MJ told him jokingly

Peter sighed in relief..

...

"Woah" MJ whispered to herself

In all eighteen years of MJs life she had never experienced something as weird as that. It's like she had unlocked a memory that was trapped far away in the deepest parts of her mind. She quickly snapped back to reality after realising she was leaving Peter Parker waiting.

"So, Peter Parker" She said looked at him

"What would you like to order" She asked him smiling whilst holding a pen in her hand ready to write down his order

"You remember" Peter whispered quietly in disbelief

His eyes were widened. A glimmer of hope could be seen just behind his eyes. He really wanted to believe that something was true but MJ had no idea what. A small smile resided on his mouth as he looked up at MJ for a response.

"Yeah I remember, It's not every day a customer announces themselves with their full legal name" MJ jokes, not knowing what Peter was thinking about

Sadly no laughs escaped Peter's mouth from this joke. Only sadness could be seen in his eyes. Peters face fell from a nervous smile to a frown. Something that she had said had somehow upset him without her knowing what it was.

"Uh yeah, I'd like a coffee" Peter mumbles, struggling to get the words out

"What kind?" MJ questioned

"Uh anything's fine" Peter responded

"I take it you don't have coffee much" she says

"Uhm... yeahh" he replied

"One expresso coming up" MJ responds, walking away towards the counter

...

Peter

Minutes earlier

"Alright Pete, you got this" He says to himself

Today was his day... He was going to return to Peter Pan cafe and check up on MJ and Ned as Peter Parker instead of Spider-Man. It was a whole lot more inconspicuous to stalk your old friends without the red and blue spandex on. Maybe Peter was doing this in hopes of reconstructing his relationships... Maybe he wasn't staying true to his words of staying away from them but he couldn't help it... It was like the universe was pulling him in their direction.

Peter walked through the streets of New York wearing a padded jacket to protect himself from the cold. Peter had inherited a slight cold resistance from the spider that bit him but it wasn't enough to warrant not bringing a jacket.

Unbeknownst to Peter a crumpled up piece of paper had fallen out of his pocket. Peter felt am old frail hand touch his shoulder from behind and he had turned around to see who it was.