Seungmin gave him an apologetic look as he tightened the cloth above the wound to stop the bleeding and maybe try to stop the infection or whatever that was from flowing to the rest of his body. He already figured out that the devil must have been attacked because he doubted he would do this to himself. He just couldn't understand why would someone want to attack him. Even though Hyunjin was Satan's son, there weren't many people that wanted to hurt him because he was never a threat to anyone. He's not an heir, he never aimed for the throne or any kind of power, and he also never really spent much time in Hell — so how could he have any enemies? His biggest enemy was probably himself.

  "It looked like a giant snake at first. Like a fucking Titanoboa and I started panicking because that shit went extinct many years ago but as it got closer, it started to look like a person but it wasn't a person. Similar to the mythological echidna —oh wow, I am starting to get really dizzy."

  Seungmin raised his gaze, looking the devil into his eyes which were half-closed and the angel started internally panicking as he realised Hyunjin is probably falling into an unconsciousness. Most likely due to the loss of blood. His trembling finger took the clothing and tightened it even more before trying to pick the devil up who looked at him, baffled.

  "I have to bring you to the Imperium," he whispered to which Hyunjin began to shake his head, disapproving of that idea. There weren't many things Seungmin could do to help him but Hyunjin refused to approach this way of trying to solve the problem. He would rather die than return to the Imperium. "Why are you shaking your head?"

  Hyunjin grunted, "I-It's dangerous,"

  Seungmin raised his brows, not really understanding what Hyunjin meant. Yeah, the situation they were currently in was very dangerous but he supposed the Imperium was much safer for him — the angel grew up there so he was almost sure about that fact but Hyunjin seemed to think differently.

  "Why would it be dangerous?" Seungmin questioned as he helped the devil get on his feet and stand up off the ground. Both of them struggled since Hyunjin was not really corresponding well and Seungmin had trouble lifting the boy up and then supporting his weight.

  "There is something — no, someone who is after me and the Imperium is the last place I should hide at. I probably should return to Hell or just find a place here where they won't find me. I'm pretty sure there are places where the supernatural stays here, too."

  "No, don't worry about that. You are hurt and I need you to go back and get your wounds treated. Let's not be selfish for once." Seungmin tightened his grip around the older, putting all of his energy into trying to walk away from the place but Hyunjin fought against him, resulting in him falling down to the ground with a loud cry. The angel immediately fell onto his knees next to the injured devil, checking for any new injuries as he repeatedly apologised to the boy.

  "I am not being selfish, Seungmin-ah ... " his voice got quieter as he spoke, his eyelashes fluttering in the cold breeze as he fought the urge to close his eyes and wander off to the dreamland. Seungmin was still panicking as he kept on lightly shaking with the devil to keep him awake as his lower lip trembled with fear and worry.

  "Hyunjin?" he called his name, shaking with him once more, a worrisome frown evident on his pale face. When the devil did not answer, Seungmin's breath quickened as he tried to check if the latter was still breathing which was hard to do considering his trembling hands and panicked behaviour. "H-Hyunjin?"

   Hyunjin was unresponsive as he lay on the ground, almost lifeless. The angel could already feel the tears in his eyes, threatening to fall at any moment as he hovered over the boy, checking his pulse. When he felt only faint beats of his heart, loud sobs took control of his whole body. He knew there was nothing he could do — being half-blooded had many pros but even more cons. And this was one of them.

   Seungmin wiped his tears but new ones immediately replaced them as he watched his friend on the ground, trying to comprehend this whole situation.

   "Hyunjin? Please, tell me... tell me that this isn't truly happening," he sobbed out as he lowered himself and hugged him as he kept on heavily crying. He could feel his own tears wetting the fabric of the older's shirt. "I c-can not lose you, right now. P-Please. This was not what was supposed to happen. Why isn't there anything I could do? Hyunjin, love, I am so sorry —"

   The angel choked on his tears as he felt the heartbeat stop. He suddenly felt a strong wave of emotions waver over him as he let out a scream a started shaking with the boy again, hoping that it will wake him up and give him back his life. Everything was blurry, he couldn't see a thing. His hands were rapidly shaking and he was hyperventilating. Placing his hands on both of the devil's cheeks, he looked at his face. It looked so peaceful and Seungmin couldn't dare to look at him.

   "I-I am so sorry for being the selfish one. I should've known this might happen, I might have subconsciously known but I decided to overlook this matter. I knew you were strong and smart enough to take care of yourself independently,n but I still should've been there for you. And now it's my fault," he whispered while teardrops dropped onto the devil's face, slowly sliding down along his cheekbones as the small droplet shone in the moonlight, quickly vanishing into the grass just like the soul of his beloved devil. "It's my fault I never got to properly tell you how much you mean to me — and the things I have said during our encounter a few weeks ago ... I meant it. Not all of it, though. I hate you but not enough for me to never see you again. Because even though I hate you, the love I feel for you won't ever be less strong than any other feeling I have towards you. I know my plain words won't give your life and soul back to you but ... but I don't think I would ever be able to say this to your face ever again if you lived. Back then, my only hope was that I would never see you again and saying that I love you so fucking much will be easy because that would be our first and last time but—"

  He shakily took off his hand from the latter's face and his hands travelled to his pockets, taking out the Swiss Army knife he knew damn well the devil always hid in that pocket. For safety reasons as claimed by him.

  "There are many things I have not told you yet. And even though loving you is not one of them, it's still important, you know?" he wiped away his tears again, as he opened the knife, still hoping Hyunjin would wake up and tell him it was some kind of a stupid joke. But only an ear-piercing silence could be heard alongside the violent waves of the Han River. "We have so much in common ... the blood in our veins forcefully puts us in categories and stereotypes we would rather not be associated with but mine ... my blood can heal."

  His fingers trembled as he put the blade against his chest, inhaling deeply.

  "I will end my life so you can live. That's what loves does to us. It makes us do crazy things just to protect our loved ones. And I will do anything to protect you from any harm that is waiting for you on this rough road. Whether I am standing by your side or watching from afar."

  When the angel was about to push the blade through his ribcage, still hovering over the boy, and let his blood fully heal him, he heard a dry gasp as the devil's body shot up into a sitting position. Hyunjin immediately slapped the knife away from his hands as Seungmin's teary eyes met his own, full of confusion.

  "Your parents are the ones after me."