𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 | top of the morning to ya

Start from the beginning

"The ink is wet. The presses are rolling! Sell the papes! Sell the papes!"

On one of the top bunks, two boys sleep, one with the opposite foot to his face. As he wakes up, he quickly sees the foot and roughly pushes it away from his face with a small grunt. Both the man and the girl walked over to another set of bunk beds.

"Hey, Cowboy. Hey, Cowboy." The man speaks

"Come on. You're dreaming about selling papers, Jacky-boy?" Lila continued

The man starts hitting him, "Hey, hey, hey."

The older boy, known as Jack, rolls over to face the man, " Don't want to. What's the matter with you?"

Jack buries his face into the pillow.

"What's the matter with me?"

"What's the matter with you? I ain't selling any of your-- Get off my back."

The man slaps him once more.

"Hey, go away from me. You're mad."

The two continue to squabble as they both let out laughs before Jack finally gets up. On the other side of the room, Racetrack Higgins sits on his bed looking through a bunch of things on the small bedside table. He continues to look until he looks at the neighboring bed where Snipeshooter lay against the non-existing headboard with a cigar in his mouth.

"That's my cigar."

"You'll steal another."

A boy with sandy blonde hair and an eye patch comes up behind Race, "Hey, bummers we got work to do."

Another newsie by the name of Specs pulls up his other suspender, "Since when did you become me, mother?"

"Ah stop you're balling!"

"Who asked you?" The group asked Crutchy in unison

Everyone just moved on their merry way as Mush made his way over to Jack who is in the process of pulling his pants on.

"So how'd you sleep, Jack?" The boy asked him

"On me back, Mush." The older boy grumbled, still trying to pull his pants on.

"Ha-ha-ha! Hear that, fellas? Hear what Jack said? I asked Jack how he slept and he said 'On me back, Mush.'"

The two started punching each other before Mush walked away and then Crutchy approached Jack.

"Hey, Jack, when I walk does it look like I'm faking it?"

"No. Who says you're faking it?" Jack slings one arm around Crutchy's shoulders and keeps the other one holding his pants up.

"I don't know. It's just-- There are so many fake crips on the streets today, a real crip like me ain't gotta chance. I gotta find me a new spelling spot where they ain't used to seeing me."

"Try Bottle Alley or the harbor."

"Try Central Park, it's guaranteed."

"Try any banker, bum or barber."

Lila then comes up behind her brother smacking him upright on the head, "They almost all knows how to read."

As the group of Newsies, continue to rush around to get ready for their upcoming day of adventures, they continue singing.

"I smell money!" Blink sings coming out of the bathroom

To which, Crutchy goes to walk in, "You smell foul."

"Saw this girl last night." Mush winks at Lila

Jack hits him in the back.

"Move your elbow."