2. Looking Up

I wake up jumping out of bed as my alarm clock causes me to panic. I felt my soulmate kiss my hand good morning as I rushed around, trying not to be late. I give a quick peck before brushing my teeth and putting on my mascara. I don't have time to do my hair like all the other girls, so I decide to put my hair in a bun on top of my head, making it stay in place. I go over to the pile of clothes I had set out quickly, throwing on the long-sleeve blue shirt with a black collar and a black skirt that went to my calves. I grab my things and my cup of coffee before rushing out the door going to my red car in the parking lot. I don't know why I wake up so late and rush around in the morning like a madwoman threading with tardiness.

I try to focus on the road as it drifts off inside my head, thinking about my archeology professor, Dr. Jones. He is the most handsome man I have ever seen; I don't know why my heart flutters when I look at him. I'm cheating on my soulmate being interested in another man; how could I betray him like that? Dr. Jones teaches his class with passion and enthusiasm, totally engrossed in the topic. The smile never leaves his face as he goes over a topic adding in his own opinions and cracking a few jokes. He's so cute in his suit and the way he takes his glasses off and bites the tip of the arm in deep thought. I snap out of my daydream as I park my car turning it off and grabbing my bookbag.

I get out and lock my car before heading inside, ready to conquer the day. I got this! I make my way down the crowded hall trying not to bump into other rushing students along the way. I finally made it to my first class, taking a seat and getting ready for the lecture with a notebook and pen ready for notes. Mr. Johnson walked in, setting his coffee mug down on his desk before turning to us, rubbing his hand together excitedly. "Who is ready to have fun with numbers?" He questions with a smirk on his face. He went to the board, introducing us to calculus and showing us 'how easy it was. I took notes like a madwoman, not wanting to miss a single step knowing this class I would have to work my ass off.

After a challenging class, the bell finally rang, releasing us from this boring class. I trek the halls to mythology, excited to see what we are learning today. I love history and myths of the world, so I want to be an archeologist where I will be surrounded by history. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been interested in the world's history. My family would often give me history books and textbooks as gifts making my curious mind content. My favorite topic is ancient Egyptians and the mystery of the pyramids, trying to figure out how they built those vast structures. I have become so intrigued with them I taught myself how to read hieroglyphics. One day I'm going to visit those Pyramids and uncover their truths. I sat in my seat, noticing the topic on the board already, "Greek Gods." Oh, this is going to be fun! Mrs. Donovan began her lesson by going over the famous Greek gods and the family tree and what they are the gods of. "Zeus is the sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion, who rules as king of the gods of Mount Olympus. His name is cognate with the first element of his Roman equivalent Jupiter. His mythology and powers are similar, though not identical, to those of Indo-European deities such as Jupiter, Perkūnas, Perun, Indra, and Dyaus." she explained as I wrote down every word she said, listening with interest. She didn't go over anything I didn't already know, but it was still interesting to hear.

***Lunch***

I stand in the long lunch line waiting for my turn, wanting nothing more than to eat since I don't eat breakfast. I grab a chicken wrap, ranch, water, and a cookie before paying and going outside once more. I walk past the group talking about me yesterday, not paying them any attention as I sit in the grass. I felt the grass tickle my legs as the breeze gently blew, dancing on my skin. I pulled out a book on Egyptians reading as I ate my food, trying to relax on my lunch break. I felt something hit me in the back of the neck with a sting, so I turned around to see what was going on. I say that group of four people trying to act normal and hide their laughs, not wanting to get caught. I look down to see a peanut was thrown at me, so I slowly look back up at them, feeling my blood start to boil. I turn around, trying to calm myself down and not start a fight.