Now, I'm not one to judge, but I'm pretty sure that anyone would come to the conclusion that this spirit was angry for being murdered.

            Just because they're down, it doesn't mean they're out.

            Ghosts are out there, whether it be because they're not ready to leave, or because they have unfinished business.  I've had my encounters with kind and gentle spirits, but I've had my fair share of run-in's with angry, violent, and even demonic spirits. 

            I've been on hundreds of investigations around the U.S, and I've found things and uncovered history that has never been documented in the history books.  If historians knew what really happened, they would gasp in horror.  That's why I have to keep a lot of these stories secret, and only describe the initial encounter.  I apologize for this, but I must respect the privacy of the spirits.

            From a dead wanderer in a hospital to an angry killer in an asylum...

            These are my ghost stories.    

Chapter 1

The Hospital

            Okay, some of you might be thinking that this is just going to be another book of ghost stories, like other fictional books.  But I'm going to ask you to consider this... is this really fiction?  Are these really just fake stories?  Or is this something bigger? 

            I'll let you decide.

            But I will tell you one thing.

            My experiences have changed my mind about ghosts.  There are ghosts out there.  Some are friendly, while others are the opposite of friendly.  As I said before, I've had my run-ins with demonic spirits, and I'll tell you, it's not a walk in the park.  It's the most terrifying thing you will ever feel.  A feeling of helplessness overtakes your entire body, and you have the extreme urge to run, more powerful than any want you've ever had.  I've felt their presence, been touched by their icy forms, and they've even gone as far to attack me.  It's not fun. 

            The most important thing that I have to remember when in the presence of a spirit is respect.  Unless a ghost has been harassing people, attacking them, and even following them home, I will not provoke them.  The dead should be respected as if they were alive.  They are no different than us, are they? 

            These ghosts aren't stupid, so don't go on a ghost hunt somewhere preparing to see a ghost first thing you do.  They don't like to be seen.  Pay attention to me when I say that they will keep themselves unseen.  Although demonic spirits may attack you, touch you, taunt you, or even just make things move, they usually won't show themselves.

            You're probably sure about what this book is going to be about.  Ghost stories.  But let me make something very clear.  These stories are not for the faint hearted.  If you wish to live your life at it's fullest, I highly suggest that you close this book this instant.  If you wish to live your life in fear, pain, and possible sleeplessness, continue reading. 

            My name is Tanner Tate.  As you know, I never really believed in ghosts until I accidentally stumbled into a hospital morgue.  Maybe you've been through something like that.  If not, here's a brief... but not very brief... description of an encounter with Billy, as I've named this spirit.

            This all began with little more than a family trip, to see my grandpa, who was in the hospital for recent heart failure.  It was late August, and school was about to start.  I was beginning Ninth Grade.  I was nervous, but I was also extremely excited.