Chapter 3

Emilia, Subaru and I continued walking around the slums to the point it's already gotten so dark. Even the people who are in the slums have already hidden away from the darkness.

[Y/N]: It just keeps getting lonelier and lonelier. Does that Felt girl really live in a place like this?

Emilia: The lesser spirits said they saw someone who looked like Felt coming in this direction...

The three of us continued our walk as I see some sketchy guy walking past us. I decided to risk it and turned to call out to the guy.

[Y/N]: Hey, bro! Does a girl named Felt live up this way?

Sketchy Guy: Huh? Felt? Nothing that way but Old Man Rom's loot house.

The guy then put his hand up to his chin and began to think about what Felt did that have made us look for her in a dark night.

Sketchy Guy: Did Felt steal something from you guys? Well, go try and negotiate to get it back. Live strong.

[Y/N]: Alright, bro. Thanks.

The three of us then continued to walk ahead and go to Old Man Rom's loot house is where we expected her to be. Though, Emilia didn't exactly like the fact that we have to negotiate with Felt to get back her insignia.

Emilia: Why do I have to pay money to get back something stolen from me?

Subaru: Well, at any rate, leave this one to me. I feel like you guys are doing everything at this point. 

[Y/N]: Hm. I'll come with you. I feel like you won't be as good at negotiating Felt than I am.

Subaru: I don't know if I should feel insulted or thankful that you're helping me.

[Y/N]: It's both. so yeah, Satella, I feel like you should just leave it to us at this point. 

Emilia: Okay, I'll leave it to you two.

Subaru and I looked at Emilia who only looked back at the two of us with a bland expression. I waved my hand in front of her face and she just tilts her head in question.

[Y/N]: You agreed to that awfully easily. The way you've been acting, I thought you'd say, "Leave this to useless boys like you two? That's so ridiculous, I'm laughing my head off!" And I'd be hurt, but still make up my mind to help you all over again.

Subaru: I thought the exact same thing.

Emilia: I wouldn't say something meanX like that. Of course, I'd be lying if I said you two haven't been holding me back...

[Y/N]: It'd be a lie...!?

Subaru: So we are holding you back...!?

Emilia: But... I'll try believing in you two.

Subaru and I looked up from the ground and see that Emilia had put on a smile.

Emilia: If it actually goes well, I'll consider it a bonus.

[Y/N]: If you'd look up at us and say "Do your best!" We'd actually be motivated. Right, Subaru?

Subaru: Yeah, it'd motivate us a lot more actually.

Emilia: I can't force myself to say something like that. But... do your best.

She looks up at us but for some reason, she mainly looked at me. There it is! Protagonist moment right here! I blushed and looked to the side and chuckled. Subaru noticed how goofy I was being and just chuckled and shook his head.

Subaru: You can count on us, Satella. We'll go in first. You stay outside and keep watch.

[Y/N]: Hehe~