Ace rebels and meets the other girls.

The year was 1974. A 4 year old, pouty Dorothy McShane in a frilly dress and painstakingly curled hair was walking on the boardwalk holding hands with recently separated mom Audrey.

The day before, Dorothy's dad Harry had walked off the family with Dorothy's newborn brother Liam.

So today, Dorothy and Audrey needed some refreshment. Audrey was eating mint icecream, and Dorothy was eating chocolate ice cream.

At a certain point, Audrey got distracted by something happening inside the bar. So Dorothy got off and removing the dress, running away from her mom.

Dorothy wanted to be a rebel when she grew up, she did'nt like frilly dresses. Or all those photoshoots with the kitties and bunnies.

...

Dorothy's eyes caught glance of a 10 year old girl with redheaded drill pigtails, and a blue minidress with floofy sleeves, white polkadots, and a pink bow as a belt. The older girl's pigtails were also tied with bows that marche the dress. Dorothy thought the older girl looked a bit funny, but still kinda cute.

"Hi! What's up!" Dorothy tried to catch the older girl's attention.

"Hello! I'm Melanie Bush, but you can call me Mel!" the 10 year old chirped.

"I'm Dorothy McShane! Ehm..."

"You don't like your name?" Mel asked.

"Can you call me Ace?" Dorothy yeeted.

"Ace! But is there an Echa? Anyway, do you want some carrot juice?" Mel asked.

"Carrot juice?" Ace quipped.

"Try it." Mel sprinted.

Ace drank the carrot juice. "Wait, this is kinda wonderful!" Ace sparkled.

"It's the only thing I ever drink. Beside water, of course." Mel quipped.

Eventually, the two girls turned around. They looked at an 8 year old American girl with a brown straight ponytail and bangs, brown eyes, and nose freckles in a pink sundress. She was making a sandcastle.

Mel: Look, Ace! There's another kid here!

Ace: She seems about your age!

The brunette had finished making her sandcastle and sat up. She ran at the two British girls. "I am Perpugilliam Brown, but everyone calls me Peri! I am 8 year old and I am visiting here from California!"

"Oh! What a name! I'm Melanie Bush or Mel. I'm 10 years old."

"I'm Dorothy McShane, or Ace! I'm 4 years old!"

"Want some carrot juice?" Mel asked.

"Of course!" Peri jolted. "I want to be a botanist someday!"

"I want to program and fix machines. More specifically I want to make an item that helps you do fitness." Mel replied.

"I just want to blow up stuff!" Ace squirmed.

Mel, Peri, and Ace drank carrot juice, but they were stopped by heavy rock music and a 14 year old girl yelling "Yee rabbits!" in an Australian accent.

She had a mediterranean tan, dark brown hair that was spiked and dyed a blood red at the end, and her dark brown eyes were circled by black eyeliner. She wore a sleeveless white band shirt with the band name written in black and some red splotches, a studded black dog collar on her neck, studded black bracelets, and dark red ripped jean shorts with a studded black belt.

"Whoa! She seems so cool!" Ace quipped!

"Exactly that, mateys! The name's Tegan Jovanka, also known as the Mouth on Legs. I was suppose to be here with my favorite cousin Colin and old mateys Flis, Susannah, Dave, and Richard, but they went with Gary and Mike instead! So I was all oh rabbits, what do I do! So I decided to get new mates. So, new mateys, whatcha doin'?"