safe with you 🥐

Start from the beginning

'tor..' he says and then picks up my head. theres tears in my eyes and he definitely notices because he kisses me before squeezing me as close as he can to his chest.

'you don't have to apologize.' his hand soothes the back of my neck. 'i'm actually glad you depend on me. i'm glad you're able to trust me.'

i bury my face back into the crook of his neck and i start crying.

'i'm sorry.'

michael shushes me.

'don't apologize, tori, theres no reason to. you did nothing wrong, i promise.'

i look up at him and give him a look he knows way too well. a look of plead, a desperate need for something. and it's always the same thing, because he knows it.

i grasp the collar of his hoodie and he connects our lips. i look into his green eye and i can see worry. i'm crying. i'm crying alot.

we disconnect our lips to breath, michael stares into my eyes.

'it's all going to be okay.' he says quietly. 'you're safe with me.'

i look up at him through lidded eyes and nod. he grabs tissues from his bedside table and wipes my tears falling from my cheeks, while doing this, he mutters quiet things. words of sympathy.

the tears still keep coming, now for no reason, or maybe a reason.

maybe because i'm not used to being cared for. i'm not used to people actually caring for me.

he hums a melody to a song i've never heard before — or maybe i have, and maybe i've just forgotten it, but it's so peaceful. maybe i'm crying, but it's okay.

'thank you.' i say after a few moments. 'i'm so thankful for you. i wouldn't.' i pause. 'i wouldn't rather be anywhere except with you.'

he looks at me and smiles.

'i wouldn't rather be anywhere except with you too.'

i smile at him. the good smile. the smile you smile after you cry and someone's actually listened. comforted you. that feeling. that overwhelming feeling.

'i love you so much.' i hug him tightly and bury my head in to his chest. 'i love you so fucking much.'

'i love you too, tor.' he kisses the top of my head.

'd'you wanna go get hot cocoa?' he asks after a few minutes.

'yeah.' i say and he smiles.

i get off his lap and we then we walk out of his room, into the kitchen. michael's mum sits at the counter, watching something on her phone, until she notices we're in the room after thirty seconds.

'hey michael!' she smiles happily, but confused, and then she realizes that michael is not the only one in the room.

'well, hello to you aswell! i didn't realize you were here! what're you two up at this hour?' she laughs

i look up at michael, i don't feel like explaining.

'tori got in a fight with her mum and couldn't sleep. she got here about an hour ago.'

'oh, you poor thing, are you alright?' she asks me.

'yeah, i'm okay.'

'that's good, go ahead and come over whenever you need!' she smiles.

'thank you.'

'of course!! you are my daughter-in-law.' she winks, specifically at michael.

'we haven't even made it official we're dating, mum!! it hasn't even been six months.' michael complains.

michael's mum laughs.

'well, go ahead and get whatever you need from here. i'm going back to bed.'

michael nods and she leaves the room.

'she hasn't stopped pestering me about how i might have a girlfriend!' michael whines and i laugh.

he easily makes me a hot chocolate, as it's usually my other go-to drink besides for diet lemonade, he knows how to make it quickly, and how i like it.

we walk back to his room, i set the mug on his nightstand.

'do you wanna try sleeping?' he asks.

'yeah.'

he nods. i lay down in his bed and he does too, holding me. he turns off his bedside lamp.

'i love you.' i say quietly.

'i love you too.'

words repeat in my head. some from the argument with mum and some from michael. they're fighting eachother. yelling at eachother. but michael's words are taking over my brain. everything is okay. i am safe with him. and it's true. it's very true.