What I could do with a Paint Brush ~ Chpt. 1

Start from the beginning

“THIS IS SO UNFAIR!” I shouted through the door, pounding on it trying helplessly to make it open. All I heard was her laughed as the water shot out of the shower head. I cut out my annoying banging, saving my mother from screaming at us one less time. I loafed back into my room… planning my ever-failing revenge on my sister.

This, I decided, was the worse school day ever. Great now I have to use the cold water. Kayla always puts the water on as hot as it can go. Literally, you could stick her in a furnace and she would be relaxed. At least her heat-loving issue matched her temper, and attitude.

 Since the shower was ‘taken’ I went to my closet to pick out my outfit. Usually this step is done, but I was slacking on it today. I pulled open the closet picking out clothes. Mostly every thing was in my closet. I hate it when there are creases in my shirts because of the folding lines. For some reason it bothers me. Even my mother, who thinks nothing is weird, thinks it is weird. Pants, no way. Jean jacket, not in the mood. Dress, when did that get in here? Skirt, now we are talking! I yanked it down from the hanger, inspecting it for any stains. It looked fine, so I threw it on my bed.

When I walked over to pick out the shirt, which is always the hard part, I heard the water stop falling on the bottom of the shower. I froze, wondering what was happening. Was Kayla done already? She was in there for about 3 minutes. I stocked towards the door, leaning towards the hallway to hear well. There was a familiar click of the door. Kayla looked around the hallway to see if I was there, I was so glad my door was closed. With a towel wrapped around her body, she dashed to her room, closing the door behind her. She obviously forgot something. Something struck me; it was time for my revenge. Before I could think what the heck I was doing, or thinking, I charged out of the room into the bathroom. As I was about to close the door, Kayla came back with one of the most twisted looks of confusion and envy on her face. I only smiled as I shut the door in her face.

“OPEN UP! I WAS IN THERE FIRST!” screamed Kayla as she pushed on the door as I tried to push it closed. Kayla was much stronger than I suspected. She was just as aggravated as I was now.

“I…DON’T…CARE!’ I yelled pushing so hard my bare feet almost slipped on the bright orange bath mat. This is one thing I hate about sharing a bathroom with my sister. My brother didn’t have to share a bathroom and I contently asked why. Michel and my Mom always say ‘Because he (or I depending on who is speaking) is the only boy in the family. There was my dad though, but he shared a bathroom with my mom. So I guess they had a point.

“YOU SHOULD!” raged Kayla. She was losing her grip on the door. I could tell because it was getting easier to push. A smiled creped on my face as I gave a great shove on the door. Kayla fell backwards hitting the ground. I locked the door. This was the best revenge ever. I thought was I turned the water on. The water was hot, not as hot as Kayla though. I could hear Kayla over the water.

“YOU ARE THE WORST SISTER EVER!” she cried. I could hear her pounding foot steps down the stairs, going to tell Mom about the situation. I rolled my eyes. Here Mom was just going to say ‘go use mine’ or something like that, that is always what she did. It wasn’t like she was going to make me get out of the shower. I sighed. When I was about to get in I heard Michel outside the door. His shadow was casting on the floor.

“She told Mom, you know. Mom is getting sick of this.” Michel said, pushing back his laughs. Michel thinks us ‘cat fighting’ as he called it, is funny.

“It’s not like she doesn’t do the same for me.” I replied, stepping into the shower as slowly as possible so I could hear his replied.

“Touché.” Michel said, disappearing from the door. I rolled my eyes. That was his typical answer. I stepped into the shower. This was going to be a long day.