Substitute Santa

"I'm so nervous dear, what if they don't like me?" Louis gripped your hand and whispered in your ear.

"Don't be silly BooBear, they will Love you, I promise."

"I don't trust you." He let out a nervous laugh, but to reply all you did was leave a soft kiss on his nose.

"They will love you." You gave his hand a squeeze before leading him into the reception hall; it was your annual family Christmas party. You walked into the crowded hall and greeted everyone you saw.

After saying hello to mostly everyone you pulled Louis over to the corner and laughed, "See? They love you."

"I-I guess." He smiled awkwardly as you pulled him into your arms; he was very driven to make your family love him.

"They love you Lou. Why are you so nervous? It's just my family."

"But I'm hoping that they will eventually become my family. Sam, I love you so much and I just want them to approve of me so we can always be together."

"Louis-" You started to tear as you cupped his face, "-I wouldn't care, we are forever but either way, they do love you, I swear."

"I'm so glad Baby Bear." He said as he kissed you gently.

"Sam?" You heard your uncle interrupt. "Sorry, but we may have a problem."

"It's fine, what's the matter?"

"It's Grandpa, he's sick and can't play Santa for the kids-"

"I'll do it." Louis smiled widely as he volunteered himself.

"Are you sure that'll be alright Louis?" Your uncle questioned.

"I'm positive, I would love to help out."

"Thank you so much, you are a life saver. The costume is on the counter in the private powder room, in the hall on the left. The kids will be so happy."

"It's no problem." He smiled as he took your hand but your uncle held you back long enough to whisper in you ear.

"He's a keeper Sam."

"I know." You smiled back as you walked with Louis to the privater powder room.

"Here it is!" He laughed as you walked in and locked the door behind you.

"You will make one sexy Santa Clause." You winked.

"Sure I will." He laughed as you started unpacking the costume.

You stood in front of him as you unbuttoned his pants and undid the zipper and he unbuttoned his shirt and undid his tie, leaving him in his boxers. You took the pillow and had him hold it to his stomach as you pulled the Velcro strap around his stomach and fastened it. You helped him slip on the shirt and coat, assisted him into his pants and boots.

"Ready Santa?" You asked as you opened the door and led him out. The cheers filled the room along with the children's laughter.

He took child after child, handing them a present and making them each laugh. He did everything he could just to make them smile and you could tell that he wasn't trying to impress your family now, he was just trying to make the kids smile. After yelling a jolly "Ho! Ho! Ho!", he ran out and met you in the hall as you helped him get changed again. "I will do that every year." He laughed. "I love you Sam."

"I love you too Louis."

And at that moment, you knew, he was the one.

Your substitute Santa....