part 32

Yeji and Chaeryeong watches as Ryujin leaves the practice to go see her dad with Minho following.

"How big of a trouble you think she'll get in?" Yeji asks Chaeryeong.

"I'm not sure" Chaeryeong shrugs.

"I'm glad Ryujin punched him. He was being too forward with you at times and he might the one sending those secret admirer gifts" Chaeryeong says.

"She still shouldn't have hit him" Yeji rolls her eyes.

"What? You're taking his side?" Chaeryeong frowns.

"No. I just don't agree with violence" Yeji answers.

"Neither do I, unless it's justified" Chaeryeong explains.

They continue talking when the door suddenly opens with Lia breathing heavily approaching them.

"I heard what happened. Are you okay?" Lia says panting.

"We're fine. The news made it to your floor already?" Yeji asks surprise.

"Yea. It's been mixed reactions. Some saying Minho probably deserved it and some are saying that Ryujin is an ass for punching him" she says.

Minho enters the room without looking at Yeji's direction. The girls could tell he looks really mad though. Yeji is nervous now. What if he takes out his anger on her since he probably can't touch Ryujin.

"Don't worry. He's not dumb enough to go after you, knowing Ryujin will protect you" Chaeryeong says.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" Yeji asks.

"It was a lucky guess" Chaeryeong laughs. After some time, Ryujin enters the room running and look around the room to find Yeji.

She runs to her after finding her, "Are you okay? He didn't do anything while I was gone, right?"

"I'm fine. He didn't even look at me" Yeji smiles.

"Are you okay? What happened with your dad?" Yeji asks.

"I got scolded but he mainly understood" Ryujin says making Yeji relax.

"What were you worried about?" Ryujin asks.

"That you won't be allowed to come here anymore" Yeji answers.

"If I can't then I will wait right outside this building every day to see you" Ryujin proudly claims.

"Stop being extra. Just don't hit people anymore" Yeji hugs Ryujin.

Ryujin not expecting the hug stumbles back a bit but quickly catches herself. She hugs Yeji back, "I will try not to hit anymore people."

"Not even gonna say hi to me?" Lia pouts.

"You have your girlfriend. I'm here for Yeji" Ryujin teases.

"Whatever, let's go my Ryeongie" Lia pulls Chaeryeong away from the two.

"Are you ready to go home? I'll take you home" Ryujin says.

Yeji nods and allows Ryujin to walk her home.

They made it Yeji's apartment. They stand facing each other both waiting for the other to speak.

"I—" Yeji is cut off.

"Go on a date with me, please" Ryujin quickly says.

"I'm sorry. What?" Yeji asks making sure she heard it right.

"Go on a date with me, please. I know I said I want to take it slow but it's hard."

"I'd love to" Yeji says.

"It's okay if you say no. If you're not ready. I just thought it's worth a shot to ask you. You know? But again I understand if you're not ready" Ryujin talks clearly didn't listen to what Yeji said.

"Ryujin, I said yes" Yeji says.

"I should probably go. Wait, what?" The younger finally realizes what Yeji said.

"Yes? Like you and I on a date, yes?" Ryujin asks.

"Yes" Yeji laughs finding the girl in front of her cute.

"Okay. A date. Tomorrow night after work?" Ryujin excitedly say.

"Sure."

"Okay well. I'll see you tomorrow" the shorter girl runs off still looking at Yeji and waving.

Yeji waves back. She watches Ryujin about to cross the street, "Watch out!"

It was too late, a car drives by hitting Ryujin. Flipping the girl onto the hood and rolled over the car then landing on the road.

Yeji quickly runs to Ryujin to check on her. The driver of the car stops and gets out of her car.

"Oh my god. Is she dead? Oh my god" the driver says.

"Ryujin. Are you okay? Ryujin!" Yeji sits on the road and places the unconscious girl's head on her lap.

"Ryujin!" She lightly taps on her face.

"Call for help!" Yeji screams at the woman.

"Ryujin, come on. Wake up. I have yet to tell you you're my soulmate. Come on please" Yeji cries.

Lia runs to them, "What happened?"

"She got hit by a car. Lia! What do I do?" Yeji cries some more.

The ambulance arrives and takes Ryujin. Yeji rode in the ambulance with her while Lia contacted Chaeryeong.

At the hospital, things are becoming blurry for Yeji. They took her in right away so Yeji had no choice but to wait.

Not long after, Lia, Chaeryeong, Yuna and their parents arrived at the hospital. They asked Yeji what happened and she told them.

Yuna is crying afraid she might lose her sister again. Chaeryeong is holding her tears in trying to be strong for Yuna. Mr. and Mrs. Shin are both extremely worried.

Karina, Giselle and Winter showed up too. They heard what happened and came over right away.

Karina sits next to Yeji, "She's strong. It's gonna be fine. Ryujin is too stubborn to lose  to a car."

Yeji laughs with tears still flowing out, "She is stubborn."

"She just asked me out on a date. It's like the universe doesn't want us to be together. Is it supposed to be this hard to just be with your soulmate?" Yeji asks.

"Ryujin is your soulmate?" Karina surprised by the news.

Yeji nods. "Why didn't you say anything to her?" Karina asks.

"At first, I wanted her to find out on her own but now I'm scared she won't believe me after what happened with Heejin."

"She has to be okay right? She wouldn't leave me without giving us a chance to be together, right?" Yeji asking someone for a promise they can't make.

"It was awful. I saw her body get hit" Yeji covers her face. Karina puts her hand on Yeji's back trying to comfort the crying girl.