Baseball Caps and Hot Old Men

⍟The TriskelionS

The Triskelion
S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters
Lat: 38N 53' 33.78" Long: 77S 3' 38.91"

Natasha and I sit in an office waiting for Steve to finish talking to Fury. He's pretty mad about Natasha having a different mission than us and not telling us.

"You're not still mad at me, too, are you?" Natasha asks, looking up from her magazine.

I glance up from my school textbook that I'm doing homework in. "No. You had a different mission. I don't see the big deal." I shrug and continue working my math problem.

"Do you need any help?" She asks, looking over at my page.

"No, I'm kind of a genius."

She chuckles. "Wow, so humble. Are you sure you're not related to Tony Stark?"

I look up from my book and think for a moment. "Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe I'm a humanoid he built and just haven't realized it yet due to my programming," I joke, keeping a straight face.

She smiles and shakes her head. "So you don't need help with your homework?"

"Nope!" I flip to the back to check my answer and see that I got it right.

"That looks pretty advanced for someone your age."

"I'm planning on starting high school at Midtown School of Science and Technology early," I reply. "So I need to be prepared."

"Sounds like you've got it all planned out."

Steve walks into the room still looking mad. "Come on, let's go, kid," he says, and I give Natasha a confused look before standing up to follow him.

"Where are we going?" I ask, buckling the strap of my helmet under my chin and climbing on to the back of Steve's motorcycle with him. He doesn't answer and instead takes off with a jolt, making me wrap my arms tighter around him to hold on.

We pull up to the Smithsonian Museum and the two of us get off. Steve puts on a baseball cap and I pull my hood over my head. I'm not wearing my suit now, but I still prefer to keep a low profile. "If you think that baseball cap makes you unrecognizable you are very wrong," I say lowly, following him through the doors of the massive building.

"If you can hide behind a hood and no one recognize you, I can hid under a baseball hat."

"Unlike you, no one knows my identity. So yes, I can hide under a hood and not be recognized."