Chapter 1- A Rat.

Start from the beginning

I look quickly down at his wedding band then back up giving a slight nod "it looks fine to me" he smiles and I smile back shyly "t-thank you" I stumble on purpose which makes him smirk.

I look down again this time making it obvious that I was looking at our joint hands. I blush something I have perfected over the years.

"S-sorry" I whisper taking his ring quickly as I pull my hand back "hey no worries you single?" he asks jolting as if he was going to reach for my hand again once again but doesn't. I smile quickly tugging some hair behind my ear and he watches the movement closely "yeah... I am" I say as I quickly put the ring with my other hand into my pocket.

"Well I am Greyson" he says. 

Greyson Harrison.

A scientist working for one of the worst criminal organisations out there. He used to belong to the government until he recently fled taking top secret information with him.

He was a mule all along and the government found out too late like always.

He had no mate but had a wife with two kids he lost his mate young or at least that is what the file tells us. Since her death he has not been loyal to any partner including the said wife.

"Lelia" I lie and he grins "such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl I guess my day has started to turn around huh?" he asks and I let out a small laugh.

For me yes but not for you.

"So you got a phone beautiful? It would make my day even better" he asks and I nod reaching into my back pocket to get it. I see my brother leave the shop in the corner of my eye giving me the signal that he had got what we came for "sure what's your number?" I ask placing my phone in his hand and he beams typing in his number.

I watch as he dials his own phone "ill call" he winks handing my phone back I see he saved his number under 'Mr Grey' making me want to roll my eyes but I fight it.

He wishes.

"I'll look forward to it" I say.

Another lie.

We then say goodbyes as I go back to looking at the fruit waiting and watch him walk around the corner going further in the shop. 

"I got the stick let's go" my brother says impatiently through the earpiece as I pick up a few apples hiding them in my jacket and put the basket back down on my way out.

I walk out to meet my brother down the street but stop seeing a homeless man on the side of the street asking for some money or food.

I quickly cross the road people just walking by the man who sat crouched over "sorry" I whisper crouching down to be on his level "this is all I have for now" I whisper and he looks at me surprised seeing the small bags of apples I had stolen "o-oh thank you... hey it's you again! Our angel I didn't recognise you" he smiles pointing to my hair "like it?" I ask "you are always beautiful no matter the colour angel" he says making me smile. 

"Thank you Henry I will see you tonight okay?" I say and he nods "god bless you child" he says tapping my hand before taking them and I stand.

"Hurry up the mall is near we might as well go earn some money before we have to go meet these people" my brother says again through the earpiece "I'm coming" I grumble back seeing him down the street I wave goodbye to Henry who was already digging in. 

My stomach grumbles a little hating myself for giving away the food when I hadn't eaten since yesterday but I knew that man needed it more.

A lot more.

"Here" my brother says giving me a sandwich and my eyes widen in love "you need to stop giving so much away when we are skint" my brother scolds me for giving the apples away "I can always steal more food later also the necklace looks expensive, plus we got big money coming tonight" I remind him defensively and he sighs "its fake diamonds" he grumbles "it won't sell much and don't forget it is only if the deal goes well"