Chapter Five: So This is Married Life, Huh?

Start from the beginning

They loop around to the other side of the house where there's a gym and an indoor pool, "it's a heated pool." Taehyung says with a big smile as they continue to walk down a small set of stairs. "Underneath us is the underground garage and a couple of spare rooms that can be used as office space. I took the liberty of having a security lock installed on one of the doors in case you wanted to use it for your studio. They also have soundproof walls." Yoongi looks around the empty room when Taehyung opens the door, it's definitely a lot bigger than the makeshift studio he had at his mother's.

Upstairs there are five large guest bedrooms all with the basics needed for guests. They walk to the end of the hallway to the master and the biggest bedroom of the house. "This is, um," Taehyung suddenly looks unsure of his words, scratching the side of his neck.

"Our room?" Yoongi asks as he walks in to look around.

"Yeah, but only if you want to, or when my family comes to stay." He rushes to answer. Yoongi snorts.

"I'm not letting you have this room by yourself. That bed is the biggest fucking thing I've ever seen." He points to a king-size bed, a canopy hanging over the top of it.

"Well in that case," Taehyung starts and opens a set of double doors, "this is our walk-in. It's a his-and-hers, well, his-and-his, wardrobe." Yoongi looks inside the huge area. One side has Taehyung's clothes hanging already. Two sets of drawers sit in the middle with a bench between them. "And through that door over there is the en-suite."

Back downstairs, the others have started to bring Yoongi's things in. They put the boxes in separate piles; books, clothes, shoes, tech stuff, a small lonely box labeled kitchen stuff, which holds some of Yoongi's favourite mugs. They leave his music equipment until last, something Yoongi will need to supervise.

"Would you like extra help with your things, Hyung?" Taehyung asks when they walk into the foyer.

"No, he doesn't." Jimin snaps as he puts a box down. "Wouldn't want you to ruin your manicure anyway."

"Jimin," Yoongi warns. Jimin rolls his eyes and walks away. Yoongi looks at Taehyung who watches Jimin, his lips pursed. "I'm sorry about him. He's just-"

"It's fine, Hyung," Taehyung cuts him off, "I have work to do anyway." He grabs a brown leather messenger bag and a set of keys from the table, waving to Yoongi as he walks out the door. Yoongi watches as Taehyung gets into an expensive-looking car and drives off down the driveway before rushing down the stairs.

"Was that necessary?" He asks when he stands in front of Jimin.

"The guys an asshole."

"No, you're the asshole." He pokes Jimin hard in the chest. "He was just being nice. He's really trying and I thought I told you to behave."

"But, Hyung-"

"I don't wanna hear it Jimin. I asked one simple thing of you and you fucked it up. If you can't be nice to him then don't bother coming around here." He turns and walks back into the house.

"Hyung-" Jimin starts before being cut off by the door slamming shut.

~~~

The next couple of hours are spent unpacking. Hoseok and Jimin hang all his clothes, places his shoes on the shoe racks, and his not-so-expensive jewellery in the cases on top of the drawers. His favourite mugs sit in the cupboard in the kitchen and Max and Soojin sort his books on one of the shelves in the living room. The only thing Yoongi does by himself is his studio. He spends some time getting everything perfect, checking everything is connected properly, that everything works the way it should. He even changes the passcode on the door to something he'll remember. The studio is a lot bigger than his old one, he'll have to buy a couch or something to take up some of the space he decides. Once everything is unpacked, the boxes have been put in the recycling bin and everyone has left, Yoongi gets to work on some of the songs he's producing for work. He spends hours in his new studio playing around with different beats. He doesn't realise how long he's been in there since there are no windows. He glances at the clock on his computer and curses under his breath as he reads 12:49 am. Fuck. Yoongi emerges from his studio to hear a mumbled voice. As he makes his way up the stairs, it becomes clearer and he can't help but chuckle.