Chapter Three: One Last Time

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my sweet boy, I've missed you so much." She rushes to him and throws her arms around his neck, holding him tight to her. He hugs her back just as tight and bury's his face in her neck, taking in her perfume.

"I've missed you too Eomma, and I'm sorry I left you so abruptly. I just couldn't stay around here with Appa."

"I know darling, it's ok. As long as you're safe and happy, that's all that matters."

"Well, I am happy Eomma, so very happy." He lets her go and turns to Jackson and grabs his hand, pulling him close to his side. "Eomma, meet Jackson, the love of my life and," he looks at the man in his arms and his heart skips a beat, "my fiancé."

"Oh," she says with an impassive expression before she forces a smile. "I'm so happy for you. It's so lovely to meet you, Jackson."

"It's nice to meet you too." Jackson replies but he sees the look on her face, feels the tension in the room.

"Eomma?" Taehyung puts his arm around his mother and holds her close. Being this close, he sees the tears brimming her eyes. "Don't cry Eomma, please?"

"I just," she sniffles, "I just worry about you both so much. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." Namjoon shuffles closer and plants a kiss on her forehead.

"What happened to Uncle won't happen to us Eomma. It's different times now." He rubs a hand up and down her back and shares a worried look with Taehyung. "I'll take her up to her room." He whispers and loops an arm around her, walking her out of the kitchen.

"Eomma had a twin brother who was attacked many years ago for being gay," Taehyung says to Jackson who looked worried. "She held him in her arms while they waited for an ambulance to arrive but sadly he didn't make it and I think it's stuck with her ever since."

Jackson's eyebrows raise. "God, that's so awful, I'm so sorry." Taehyung smiles sadly at him.

"I think that's why she freaked out when both Hyung and I came out. She thinks the same thing will happen to us." Taehyung fiddles with the rings on his fingers.

When Namjoon comes back to the kitchen, he smiles at Taehyung and Jackson, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"So, I think we should go out tonight. Invite Yoongi-ssi and his friends so I can meet my future brother-in-law."

"No." Taehyung answers straight away, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes." Namjoon snaps back. "You're about to marry the guy, you should spend some time with him and get to know his friends as well. Also, I want to meet him before the wedding."

"Ugh, fine!" Taehyung throws his hands up and pulls out his phone from his pocket to message Yoongi.

(Almost Husband)

Tae: Hey Yoongi-ssi
Tae: My brother's in town and wants to meet you. He also wants to go out for drinks. Your friends can come along as well.

He stares intently at the screen. He hasn't spoken to Yoongi since the lunch and it makes him nervous. He sees the three dots appear and disappear several times until a message comes through.

Yoongi: Tae, I'm about to be your husband, call me Hyung ok?
Yoongi: And sure, I'd love to meet your brother. Just tell me when and where.

When he reads the messages, he doesn't realise he's smiling at his phone. He thought after being rude to Yoongi, he would be a little hostile towards him but he can't help but feel like things could be ok. He also doesn't see the glance Namjoon shares with Jackson.