"I thought I was on the right path when I joined SHIELD. I thought I was doing good and to learn that it was infiltrated by HYDRA, I feel I traded one bad organization for another. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore."

"Nat," Kennedy says softly, "You're gonna have to forgive yourself at some point."

"Kennedy," Natasha swallows and continues to play with Kennedy's fingers, "What did you mean?"

"Huh?" Kennedy asks.

"You said that you had your priorities and that I had mine. What did you mean by that?"

Kennedy sighs, "I was having doubts."

"About me?" Natasha asks and Kennedy shakes her head.

"You are the one thing I'm always certain about. I was having doubts about us being parents," Kennedy says, "Which is crazy when you think about it because we've only been together two years and we aren't even married and we've never even talked about marriage, we just jumped straight to the kids-"

"Marry me," Natasha interrupts and Kennedy's heart stops for a second as he stares at Natasha, green eyes staring back wide and hopeful.

"What?" Kennedy asks.

"You're sure about me. I'm sure about you. Let's just get married," Natasha says with a shrug, "Then our kid talk won't sound so crazy."

"I'm having doubts about being parents," Kennedy says, making it clear that she was confident in their relationship and that Natasha didn't need to ask her for her hand in marriage and get Kennedy's hopes up.

"I heard you," Natasha says, "And I want to eliminate any doubts that you have."

"I only have one. This is your world, Natasha. Fighting, saving the world. You don't want to trade that in for diapers and sleepless nights," Kennedy says, "This is what gives you an adrenaline rush."

"An organization that I believed in with my whole heart turned out to be bad. This isn't my life, Kennedy. You are and I would give all of this up for dirty diapers and sleepless nights with you."

Kennedy's lips curl up in a small smile, "Do you really want to marry me?"

"I've wanted to marry you since I was eleven years old," Natasha tells her with a grin and Kennedy smiles.

"So like are we engaged?" Kennedy asks.

"Yeah, why not?" Natasha asks and Kennedy laughs, shaking her head. One of them had to be a realist and sadly that had to be Kennedy.

"We'll be engaged when you put a ring on my finger."

Natasha shrugs, "I'll just tell people that we're engaged."

"They won't believe you."

"That's fine," Natasha states, "I know that we are."

Kennedy leans in and kisses Natasha, who pulls back slightly, her brows furrowing as she looks into brown eyes, "You taste like coffee."

"You are definitely concussed," Kennedy responds with a smile before leaning in and kissing Natasha again. She wondered if the concussion had to do with why Natasha asked her to marry her, but she doesn't linger on it. They don't allow themselves to get too carried away as Natasha plants one quick peck on Kennedy's lips, gently stroking Kennedy's chin.

"I love you," Natasha tells her.

"I love you more," Kennedy responds, scrunching her nose, "Like a lot more."