Chapter one

Grandma's house was a study of crystal and glass and contained 1,153 horses. I knew, because I counted drizzly, dreary thanksgiving when we were stuck inside waiting for the world's slowest turkey to brown. Little beasts of crystal, glass , China,wood-she called them her "babies" and treasured them more than her dwindling life savings. (dwindling mainly due to her horse Habit. you wouldn't believe the prices these things from Franklin mint.) whenever we'd come over she'd sit me down and show me her favorites.
She had a lot of favorites.
It was fine and tolerable when we lived an hour away and saw her once a year. Over the river and through the woods and all that. But now we're living with her. In her museum like house surrounded by horses. I suppose my story isn't unique.
After all ,half of marriages end in divorce ,or so they say. Maybe I should count my blessings that mom and dad stuck it out as long as they did. Still ,having to vacate our über-hip Back Bay Boston brownstone, leave my private school and friends behind and move to horse land on the middle my sophomore more year was a bit much.but I had no choice. Mom and I want speaking unless they were yelling.neither one could afford the mortgage on the brownstone so they smacked down a for sale sign and split. Dad two smaller apartment down the street and mom , me and my eight-year-old sister Emily to New Hampshire. to grandmothers house we go.i can't tell you how painful the last day at my old school was saying to goodbye my beloved teachers ,promising my friends either IM them text at every possible second cleaning out my locker and tearing down the my chemical Romance poster I'd stuck on the inside door on the first day the school year I've been so full of hopes and dreams for the year back then. I was going to join the art club write for the school paper and of course make ashes older brother David Silverman my boyfriend. (okay the last one was a longshot but you can't blame a girl for being goal oriented could you.) it was going to be the best year ever.now four months later ,it was gearing up to be the worst."annabella!you'd better get down here or you'll miss the bus!"grandma called from downstairs , bringing me back to my hellish reality , a.k.a my first day at south farmingdale high school there were prisoners on death row more excited about their pending visit with the electric chair and I was about my enrollment.
I mean Hello! first off there was a bus, an actual bus to take me from my middle-of-nowhere grandmas house to my still middle-of-nowhere school. Back home I always walked. I met Friends at Dunkin' Donuts for French crullers and coffee ,then giggled and gossiped all the way back to the campus of Boston Academy. Now I actually have to board a smelly fume-filled environment-destroying bus to get to school. At least I was getting my license in a few weeks when I turned 16. so my chances of getting grandma to lend me the car were slim to none. Cell buzz scattering all the thoughts of transportation. I glanced down to see the text. from kate.

GOOD LUCK ON FIRST DAY!

I Smiled feeling a tiny bit better. At least I had my friends. Sure ,they are farther away from me now, but they still cared. I punched in Kate's number."hey,girl," I said in the phone after she answered.
"Oh,hey,Bell, how's it going? How are the burbs? They arrest you for not wearing gap yet? Your mom to a Stepford wife?" Kate habit of asking at least four questions in the same breath, making it impossible to answer any of them.
"Hardy-har-har." I replied."you are too funny."
"Whatevah.at least I'm not funny looking."

"haven't looked in the mirror lately have you?" i asked with mock sympathy. "im looking right now,bay-bee.and i'm looking fine,DAMN fine." i grinned,picturing my best friend dancing in front of the mirror as she was known to do, flaunting all that god had given her to anyone who cared to look.kate was born without an insecurity gene. she died her hair pink and pirced her own nose in seventh grade. her mom was totally cool with it too, saying that girls needed to exress themselves early in life so that they could blossom into healthy, self-sufficient women that didn't need a man to complete them. (Kate's mum was also divorced-- after her husband ran off to Vegas with his secretary.some believed she was still a bit bitter about the whole thing.)
🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
Hmm. maybe my divorced mum will let me explore the manic panic hair color rainbow,too.it'd be so cool to get some blue streaks in my hair. one time Kate and I went to grey fox square after school and got the clip on kind.mum nearly had a heart attack until she found out they weren't real.

"Annabella" grandma again, this time sounding more insistent.
"Sorry kate, gotta run before grandma has kittens and starts sneezing to death."
"Ok,no prob," Kate said."good luck today. I hope you meet tons of über-cool rock girls, and sexy sexy bad boys."
🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
A/N ok that will be part one of chapter one and I'll get back to y'all later