One Year Later

In South Korea, Chuseok holiday is reserved for family, friends, and food. And it's not different for Yoo family. The elders of the family have been planning the holiday since summer, and even sent threat to the heir of the family if he even had a thought of bailing after he did just that last year.

Yoo Jin Woo rolls his luggage to the exit gate of Jeju International Airport and is immediately welcomed by his older sister, Yoo In Na. The last time he met his family was during the funeral of his father just before Chuseok. No wonder she welcomes him like he is back from war or something.

"Oof," Jin Woo steps back a little to receive his sister's hug which is always a bit violent, "Eomma didn't say you would pick me up, Noona."

"Of course, she forgot to tell me. But I check on the flight radar and this one is the only flight— Mi Jo? Omo, you come!"

Jin Woo turns his head back as fast as he can at the mention of the name, and a pair of sharp eyes meet his own confused ones. His face pales when he realizes this is probably the worst scenario.

Cha Mi Jo. What is she doing here?

"Eonnie, hi! Fancy meeting you here." Mi Jo responds, a confused smile etches in her flawless face.

"You know, I really thought you two were broken up and he didn't tell us, just based on how little Jin Woo talked about you."

"Huh? Eonnie—"

Jin Woo holds his breath as he sees Mi Jo tries to straighten out the fact with his sister. The fact that they were indeed broken up a year ago. Something he hasn't shared with his big family. Even a year later.

Jin Woo rarely talks to his family, let alone sharing a personal news. So he's been keeping it to himself. Besides, his family didn't need another bad news coming to them at the time.

"Oh, well, I should've known. When Jin Woo doesn't say anything, doesn't mean there's something wrong. He does that all the time." Without any words, In Na rolls both their luggage to the nearby waiting car.

"Eonnie, you don't have to—" Mi Jo's plead is halted as Jin Woo takes her elbow softly.

Electricity courses through them and Mi Jo pulls her arm back on reflex. Both of them stare at their connection, something that always there between them.

"Mi Jo? What are you doing here?" Jin Woo is the first one to break through their daze.

"Work. I have a dermatology conference after the holiday, but I thought I'm gonna golf my way through the holiday." Jin Woo nods as he sees the golf bags in her trolley. She is still as obsessed with golf as before.

He smiles a little, glad something hasn't changed. "I thought you were in sabbatical."

"I left for three months then something came up," she pauses, "Wait, that's not important. Just now, your sister said she thought we broke up and you didn't tell anyone— which feels like we broke up and you didn't tell anyone?"

"Really? I don't get that vibe."

"Jin Woo," she says his name in a warning.

"Right, I might—"

"Guys, come on, Eomma is waiting." In Na calls out the couple to hurry. Mi Jo sends a panic expression to Jin Woo's direction.

"Yoo Jin Woo, tell your sister something." Mi Jo whispers heatedly as they come closer to In Na's car. Jin Woo scraps his mouth with his hand and sends a helpless look toward Mi Jo.

"Ya, Yoo Jin Woo!"

"Just come to the house first, we'll sort it out there. I'll take you to the hotel myself." He suggests.