I put my hands on the table.

"To apologize for I don't know beating you I guess.. I also didn't mean to act the way that I did towards you, I was just putting on a show.." I rubbed my own shoulder and blushed harder than ever.

Am I too embarrassed to look at him? Or maybe I'm just coming off as awkward...either way I feel—

He looked up at me, his teal eyes piercing into my soul; our eyes locked into each other for mere seconds. He opened his mouth, as if he were about to say something, but then instantaneously stopped. That's when I felt an eerie hand on my left shoulder.

I slowly turned around and I noticed it was Mikasa. She was looking down at me, her gaze as dreary as ever. I couldn't read her face because she was so emotionless when it came to others, other than Eren himself. I couldn't tell if she was mad, sad, happy, glad—that is, until she right hooked me, unexpectedly. Her punch had so much force, it knocked me out of the seat.

"Hurt Eren again and it'll be a lot worse." She stated in a monotone voice, while she looked at me with that same emotionless stare.

I noticed that she punched me in my nose because I could feel the warm blood running down my face and seeping through my lips, in a trice.

My gaze soon focused on Eren and he was definitely surprised by the looks of his facial expression. He was probably more shocked than I was because I didn't even have the time to process what the hell just happened to me. To be completely candid, it didn't seem like he really cared.

Why doesn't he care that his rude friend hit me in the face?

You're an idiot! Why should he care? He barely even knows you and he probably hates you remember?

Oh yeah, that's right. In the spur of the moment, I recollected what Connie and Jean said to me earlier in the classroom.

"He's also protected by Mikasa, if you come anywhere near Eren or hurt him, she'll beat your ass to the pulp."

"I wouldn't suggest you hang out with them."

His facial expression shifted into a smirk, when Mikasa looked at him. He then got up and walked away with her, but on his way out, he looked down at me on the ground. He watched me bleed for brief seconds, before finally deciding to say something.

"Weak." He muttered at me and walked away.

I continued to sit there, not wanting to get up because I was too ashamed. I had some hope of trying to get on good terms with him, but I got shut down immediately and it was quite dispiriting.

Weak...Why did that word sting so much more than it did before? Is it because it's true?

"(Y/N)? Are you still here?" A deep voice echoed through the hall, calling out to me.

"Yeah.." I mumbled, weakly.

I noticed that it was Jean and he looked fretful, but he managed to help me get off the ground.

"What the hell happened? Who did this? Was it Eren!?" He yelled at me savagely, as he noticed my blood-stained face.

"It was Mikasa. I came over to apologize to Eren, if I had made him mad and that's when Mikasa walked in and punched me." I explained, shyly.

I feel so embarrassed right now.

"And that little arrogant asshole didn't stop her? Why I oughta knock his lights out!" His face turned red-hot from vexation.

Does he care this much about me already?

"It happened quickly. I'm sure he would've, if it were more of a beating." I explained, trying to ease his temper.

I'm not so sure of that myself though, Eren probably would've watched, if Mikasa was beating me to death.

"How could they be so hostile towards a new student? What gives them the right?! That's why I said you shouldn't hang around them!" Jean started rambling, indignantly.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to make enemies." I apologized, feeling absolutely crushed.

"Don't be sorry, they tend to do this. They're rude and they push people away, that's why we primarily keep our distance." He explained, giving me a cute smile.

I nodded.

"I'll walk you home, (Y/N)." He said, as he let me hold onto him.

"Thank you, Jean." I wiped off the blood, with my sleeve.

Great, I have to wash this tomorrow.