Chapter 4: Zara The Demon

Y/N POV

After waking about around sunrise I went straight to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. Then to the living room where I was met with all of my kids, and here I thought they'd never get up early for anything.

"So you want to hear the story that bad do ya?" I asked rhetorically as they all responded with glee and excitement. "Okay okay, let's try not and wake your mothers okay." I said with a finger over my mouth to get them to quiet down.

It was a few short days after we departed with Alvida.

-18 years ago-

It was a day like any other in the east blue, slightly cloudy with the warm sun beading down from up above. Perfect day to get to work, or perfect day to relax if your Lucy. I however still have to helm the ship, which we stole from a few pirates at a gather point known as Skull rock. They really should have known better, I mean it was like they were begging for us to take it. Though it is only a sloop type ship, which means it's rather small, but the Phantom Maiden does her job.

Lucy and I agreed on the name cause it looked like a ghost ship with the way the lanterns that glow blue at night, and because of the figurehead was that of a mermaid

Lucy and I agreed on the name cause it looked like a ghost ship with the way the lanterns that glow blue at night, and because of the figurehead was that of a mermaid. Only real problem is the poor condition of the sails, well that and we don't have a flag. Lucy tried to make us one, but she's a terrible artist so I vetoed it immediately and suggested we wait until we can have an actual artist draw the flag.

Alvida was currently laying down on the deck staring up at the mostly empty sky. Meanwhile Lucy was hanging upside down from one of the masts by her legs. Coby was the only one helping me actually stay on course to our next destination.

I can't tell for sure what Alvida is thinking about, but by the blush that was slowly growing on her face. I can think of very few things that she could possibly be thinking about, one being me and the other being chocolate.

"Ah damn it all!" Definitely me.

"You have a problem in your dreams sweet cheeks?" I teased her a bit, once about her little outburst and once about her ass.

"That's none of your business." Alvida turned out to be a real tsundere type, didn't she? Her blush even grew as she tried to hide it by looking away, absolutely adorable.

"One day it will be." I said under my breath just loud enough for her to hear. In response her whole face went red like a tomato.

"Are you sure you should tease her like that?" Coby asked quivering in fear as he tried to stay out of Alvida's line of sight.

"If you keep acting like this you'll never be brave." I warned him as I kept a watchful eye on the calm seas.

"But she's still so scary."

"Let me tell you something kid, she's really a big ol' teddy bear. I'll show you after we dock here in a few minutes." I said as we approached our destination.