prσlσguє 🍂

All houses were in dark at that chilly and fateful night except a small shabby house. That house was isolated from that small village that none could hear what was going on in that house at that moment.

In the dim candle light, a mother was struggling hard to see her newborn's face for the last time. Tears continuously poured down from those bloodshot eyes, wetting her pale cheeks. She pitied herself, her sick and bitter fate.

"Killing my husband is not enough? You want my newborn baby too? I won't give my baby to such a vixen like you! I'm begging you, don't take my baby. He is just two days old." She wrapped her thin limbs around the newborn protectively. She kissed the tiny baby's forehead lovingly who had snuggled to her embrace without a slight idea what was going to happen to him.

Eight guards who had dressed in all black waited for their master's order, giving deaf ears to the woman's painful begging. They always had to leave their heart and humanity at home when they served their master.

"This is the only way to secure my position in the Royal harem. Only giving birth to a prince could take the emperor's favour towards a concubine like me." Low ranked concubine checked her nicely coloured nails, urging her guards to take away the child.

"No! No! You can't do this! Aren't you a woman too? How could you take away a newborn child from his mother?" Crying woman hugged her baby to her bosom and threw everything near her to the approaching guards. She didn't want to give up till her last breath.

"Listen Jiao, If I can throw away the girl I gave birth to, I can easily replace your son as my son. Yes, I'm heartless. To gain power I can do anything." Royal concubine took out her favorite dagger from her sleeve. She traced the butterfly carving on it's hilt admiring it.

"You know, I could have let you live

"You know, I could have let you live. But a woman's mouth can not be trusted no matter what." She took away the child with a brutal force, sinking the dagger into Jiao's chest.

"MY CHILD!! Snake wom..an! You wi..ll pa..y for t..his.." The wounded mother coughed a mouthful of blood, shouting at the vixen who was taking her baby away from her.

"Burn the house. Leave no traces!"

Concubine touched the baby's dumpling-like cheeks and stepped out from that shabby house neglecting the painful screams of that dying woman. Little by little flames swallowed the little house, like trying to erase that sinful incident.

"You won now! But my son will bring justice for his parents. That's a promise from an innocent mother!" Jiao's voice echoed for the last time over the buzzing fire sounds, letting her last breath mingle with the burning fire.

But that curse was never heard by any of them, who were busy returning to the capital hurriedly. The woman even forgot she didn't take the dagger back from the dying lady's body. She was busy thinking about her upcoming bright future. It took almost six years for her to seduce the emperor to sleep with her. But the concubine's dreams were crushed down when she gave birth to a girl, useless according to her. She lied to everyone hiding the fact that the baby was a girl and got promoted to a first ranked concubine. Now she only had to replace the child without anyone knowing.

"You will help me to achieve my dreams little one.. You should be the crown prince for me.."

Pardon for my grammatical errors

Pardon for my grammatical errors. 😁❤️

I thought of remaking the White Peony story. I think it ruined badly because I tried to make it as a short story. This will be an extended version of that one, but this storyline is going to be a little bit different from the previous one. 🤧

Coming Soon! 💕