DEVASTATED KAREENA

Not proofread, ignore spelling and grammatical errors

Next morning, Haseena was the first one to wake up. Seeing Karishma in her arms, last night’s memories hit her and tears emerged in her eyes. She slowly caressed blue belt marks on her body while cursing herself for not being able to stop her.

Her touch had stirred Karishma and she opened her eyes only to see Haseena’s tears at her wounds. Their eyes locked and she found immense love hidden behind anger. Karishma forwarded her hand slowly towards her eyes to wipe them away but Haseena backed out, “ No…..after last night……absolutely not…..” responding with her deep hoarse voice she stood up, walked towards closet, “You cannot see me in pain and you can punish any one for it even you yourself….then can I bear your pain? Do you think your love for me is more exceptional than mine…..” she was searching something in there while scolding her angrily while Karishma was silently listening to her with bowed head.

Haseena turned around, threw a shirt in her lap, “Change this right now??” and walked out of the room in sheer anger. Karishma watched her angry going figure, wiped the tear drop from her cheek and moved towards washroom to change.

A few minutes later, Haseena was sitting facing Karishma’s bare back applying ointment on it, “So….you want punishment, right?” she asked sternly to which Karishma nodded silently. “Why?” “Hmm…?” Karishma wasn’t expecting such question. “Yes, I want to know the reason……your reason will decide if your wish can be granted,” Haseena stated, placed the ointment on the drawer.

Karishma turned around to look at her expressions, attempting to find out what’s going on in her head but only got coldness in return. “I…..i…..want….i want to feel the same pain as you had felt…..” she stuttered and bowed her eyes lashes. “But I don’t want anyone to feel that pain neither a friend nor an enemy…..” Haseena shouted loudly at which Karishma closed her eyes and stiffened her body.

Haseena stood up and added sternly, “Until you are unable to give me the correct reason, neither will I announce your punishment nor I will accept you back as my friend. Also take it as my last warning, don’t you dare hurt yourself again or you will never get me back,” with that she walked out of the room leaving behind a devasted Karishma with her desperate thoughts to search for a satisfactory reason.

Two days passed like that, Haseena was making sure that Karishma is taking proper care of herself but she was not allowing her to even stay near her forget talking other than official matters. Karishma was trying hard to think of a suitable answer but Haseena’s anger distressed her to the point where all the reasons and logics went down the drain instead the only thing that matters at that time was that if Haseena had not started talking to her sooner then she would end up suffocating herself.

Later that night, in her dark room, Karishma was sitting on the floor by keeping her head on the bed with tears streaming down from her eyes. Pushpa ji entered and switched on the lights, “Amma!!” she cringed feebly closing her instantly unable to adjust to the light.

Taking a heavy sigh, Pushpa ji settled beside her there on the floor. She wiped her tears and asked, “Stop crying beta!! It won’t do anything except exhausting you.” “Then you tell me what should I do? She said she will only punish me when I will give her a valid reason otherwise she would not forgive me……and…..i…..i…..i am unable to think of anything except that I must bear that pain which I had caused her.” she blurted being extremely frustrated. “You are already bearing that pain, not only you but you both…….she wants you to bring both of you out of their misery…..Think like her, your friend is not any common woman, she is Haseena Malik…..one who believes in eliminating the root cause of the problem,” Pushpa ji had sown seeds in her mind nourishing which she could not only get her dear friend back but also could overpower one of her greatest weaknesses.

Leaving her with her thoughts she came out of her room and closed the door behind her before dialling a number, “Yes madam sir, I have said exactly what you have told me,” Pushpa ji notified Haseena with a slight smile. “Thank you Pushpa ji!!” she responded softly and hung up.

Next morning, Karishma entered Police Station with a faint smile lingering on her lips and a sparkle in her eyes. As she passed by Pushpa ji’s desk to enter Haseena’s cabin, Pushpa ji smiled widely, “her shining eyes are telling that she got her way back……Thank God!!” she mumbled excitedly to herself.

“Greetings Madam Sir!!” Karishma finally saluted her after gathering all her courage. “Greetings, Karishma Singh!!” Haseena responded coldly without even looking at her, deeply engrossed in her files. Without uttering any other word, with her bowed head, tilted shoulders, tear filled eyes and slow steps, Karishma moved closer to Haseena.

Haseena had raised her head shockingly when she felt Karishma’s hands on her knees, she at once turned her chair and found her sitting on her knees, “Karishma!!” her heart ached at the very sight.

Raising her head, Karishma had held Haseena’s both hands in hers and started in her choking voice, “Madam Sir, you asked me one valid reason to punish me.....” she paused once again took a deep breath and added, “You should punish me so that I can learn to tame my uncontrolled anger- one thing that always pushed me to mess up everything. Please, madam sir…..i…..i….i can no longer bear your anger…..it…..it suffocates me……please!! I….i beg you to punish me so that I can return to you……”

Karishma was sitting in front of her on her knees begging for punishment without any tinge of ego instead being filled with guilt and her unconditional love for her; the very sight of her dear friend’s state was clenching Haseena’s heart and regardless of her efforts to hold back, few drops of tears rolled down her chin and fell on Karishma’s hands.

It was then she dared to look up at her, their teary eyes locked with each other and both could see immense amount of love for each other in each other’s eyes. Haseena bent forward and placed a soft comforting kiss on her forehead, Karishma closed her eyes at her touch trying to soak in all the energy and peace from it. Haseena’s lips lingered a little extra on her forehead after which she stood her up.

Do votes and comments