Chapter 5

The sun was setting. It was getting dark.

Hai Qing didn't want to leave. Pin Jun didn't want to leave either.
But they both had to go back home.

"Should we pay the bill?" Hai Qing asked.

"Yes, sure," Pin Jun called the waiter.

The bill was served. Pin Jun would not let Hai Qing pay more although Hai Qing was supposed to pay a greater amount of the bill as he ordered more food.

Hai Qing also noticed how little Pin Jun eats. He only ordered one dish and could not even finish it. Hai Qing ordered a soup and an appetizer and finished both. Maybe that is why Pin Jun is so fit, unlike him who has baby fat here and there.
"Does Pin Jun appreciate my physical appearance? I hope he finds me attractive," Hai Qing thought.

Pin Jun was being a gentleman. Hai Qing appreciated it. A lot. But he didn't express it.

Hai Qing argued that he ate more, his bill was more, he was going to pay more. Pin Jun would not have it. At the end, Pin Jun paid for Hai Qing's food and Hai Qing paid for Pin Jun's.

"Next time, I am paying the greater amount of the bill," Hai Qing announced.

"We'll see," Pin Jun smirked.

"Noooo..."

"Ssshhhh!" Pin Jun put his hand on his lips and Hai Qing shut up, almost unconscious in love.

He was falling. Falling hard. For Pin Jun.

They both got up to leave.

"Ready to get lost in the neighbourhood again?" Hai Qing teased.

"Please don't remind me of that day again. It was terribly inconvenient. Well, my chauffeur is here, I am lucky, not getting lost this time. When do we meet again?," Pin Jun said.

Hai Qing wanted to say, "Take me home with you and keep me captive for the rest of your life," but he just uttered, "How about next week?"

So sophisticated, Hai Qing!

"How about the weekend? You free then?" Pin Jun pushed it a few days early. He had a responsibility to fulfill after all. Yan Fei was in the picture. He was going to surprise Hai Qing by presenting Yan Fei and making them a couple. If Hai Qing didn't consider him close, he would go further away from him. He would push Yan Fei close to Hai Qing and distance himself from them.

Why was Pin Jun getting frustrated while thinking about this. He didn't love Hai Qing. He couldn't love Hai Qing. Some day he will tell Hai Qing why he can't.
So it wasn't jealousy caused by love. What was it? Friendly possessiveness? He wasn't sure himself.

"Yes, of course, let's meet over the weekend," Hai Qing was way too happy that Pin Jun was interested in seeing him earlier than next week. Maybe Pin Jun was as interested in him as he was in Pin Jun.

Hai Qing felt shy thinking about it. Pin Jun noticed it and felt a little awkward.

"Why is Hai Qing blushing?" He thought. He didn't say anything.

They said their goodbyes. No hugs.

Hai Qing turned to the sidewalk and started walking back home, now smiling after that first meetup with the person he was falling for.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yan Fei jumped in happiness when he received the text from Pin Jun.

It read, "It's done, we're meeting Hai Qing on the weekend. Good luck."

It was finally going to happen.

Yan Fei texted Hai Qing, "I am really happy today."

"Me too," Hai Qing replied.

For different reasons, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------

Pin Jun was sitting in his room, thinking about his meetup with Hai Qing. He really liked Hai Qing. He wanted to get close to him. Really close. He wanted to be best friends with him. After all, they are so alike. No one had ever understood him like Hai Qing did. He could talk and express himself without any filters in front of Hai Qing. He couldn't do this with everyone. His feelings were platonic.

But he felt this weird feeling about Yan Fei and Hai Qing getting together. He felt left behind. He wanted to be more important to Hai Qing than Yan Fei. Did Hai Qing give more importance to Yan Fei than him?

He wanted platonic love from Hai Qing. The love of friendship. Maybe he wouldn't feel so bad if Hai Qing would have just told him that he was seeing Yan Fei. Why didn't Hai Qing tell him about Yan Fei.

"Should I ask him?" He thought. He took his phone and started typing but then thought he shouldn't. He dropped his phone and looked at the mirror and took off his tshirt. His jeans was still on. He unzipped and took out his penis. Looking at himself in the mirror, he started masturbating.