Turbulence

Based off of season 7 episode 7

Relationship status: Lowkey got feelings for each other but haven't done anything about it.

I stood in the aisle of the jet, looking over Reid's shoulder at the case files spread across the desk. The team was reviewing the case details on the trip to Kansas, but the turbulence was making it difficult. I gripped onto the back of Reid's chair as a few particularly strong tremors shook the plane.

"Central Plains, right in the middle of Tornado Alley," JJ said as she grabbed her cup of water in an attempt to keep it from spilling.

"If this unsub is using tornadoes as a forensic countermeasure, then Kansas certainly is the ideal setting," Reid explained.

I scoffed, "Well, it's not the smartest move in my opinion. Tornadoes are way too unpredictable so he can't count on the storms to produce the exact outcome he's probably after. So, with this tactic it was only a matter of time before law enforcement caught on."

Reid nodded along as I spoke, "Tornadoes do pose a significant threat," he shifted in his seat, preparing to deliver an abundance of statistics, "During this year's super outbreak back in April, there were 336 confirmed tornadoes in just several days, resulting in over 300 lives lost."

I'm sure Reid wanted to add more, but was cut off by Penelope calling. I had to bite back my laugh at his adorable pout while she shared her findings. Finally, I was able to let out a chuckle as Emily said something about fetishes, grossing Penelope out and causing her to leave abruptly.

Suddenly, more turbulence shook the plane, catching me by surprise. I managed to grab the arm of Reid's chair before falling flat on my face, thankfully.

"I didn't know you were a bad flyer," Reid spoke up, addressing Rossi's obvious increase in discomfort.

"I'm not. I just hate turbulence," he was too stubborn to admit to anything.

"You know, turbulence very rarely causes plane crashes," Spencer said, in an attempt to comfort Rossi. That obviously didn't work though.

"That does me absolutely no good at the moment. Thank you."

What did I say? Exactly.

"What we really need to worry about are microbursts, sudden downbursts of air associated with thunderstorms," I held back my laughter as I watched Rossi's face grow paler and paler as Reid spouted more alarming statistics. 

Reid's rambling stopped as I clamped my hand over his mouth. His eyebrows shot up as he inquisitively looked at me.

"Spencer, if you keep that up I think Rossi will combust on the spot," I told him.

He pulled my hand away from his mouth, "Well, funny you say that, the chances of the plane combust-"

Nope. Hand back over his mouth. I cannot trust this kid to keep quiet.

I suddenly jerked my hand away as something soft touched my hand. 

"Did you just lick me?" I ask, honestly surprised he'd do that.

"No, I kissed your hand, it was the more hygienic option of the two."

"My god..." I mumbled as I rolled my eyes playfully and walked over to the couch and sat down, decidedly done with standing.

"Maybe you should kiss her on the lips instead," Morgan suggested to Reid.

"Why?" Reid asked, either oblivious to or just ignoring how red he was turning.

"It's much more effective," I call over to them, from my spot on the couch.

I closed my eyes and smiled as I heard Morgan laugh while Reid spluttered in surprise.

Cute.

A/N:

aww look at them go