03 | Training (Eren's POV)

Start from the beginning

I noticed how nervous she got when he asked that, like it was such a big deal.

"I'm from...M-Maple high school." She answered.

The fuck is that?

"Is that even a thing?" He asked, suspiciously.

The idiot could've thought of a better name than that. No way that's an actual school.

"Sure it is!" She cheered.

"Go sit down, you giddy brat. Anyways, like I've stated before, cleaning is very important. If you don't clean, you'll get dirty and if you're dirty, that means you have germs and germs make you sick. Tch—disgusting." He frowned in disgust.

"Again with the cleaning lectures! I already hear that enough at home." Mikasa sighed, her head resting on her palm.

"It can't be that bad." Armin laughed, playfully nudging Mikasa's shoulder.

"Yeah, until you're cleaning the same damn spot for three hours because it wasn't spotless enough." Mikasa replied, mocking Levi's absurd cleaning obsession.

"Without further ado, I'm announcing today's pairs." Levi announced.

I was hoping for Jean, so I can beat his ass once more, but I was also hoping that it wasn't Mikasa. I really do need a break from her following me around everywhere I go. It's draining, that's for sure.

"Pair one, Sasha and Ymir."

"Pair two, Historia and Armin."

"Seriously! I don't wanna even think about going up against Historia, she's too kind." Armin complained.

"Pair three, Bertholdt and Reiner"

"Pair four, Mikasa and Hanji"

Mikasa shrugged and started cracking her knuckles, "This should be easy." She smiled.

"Pair Five, Jean and Annie."

Goddamn it! Why couldn't I have been paired with Jean this time! Who else is there left for me to go up against?

"And pair six, Eren and (Y/N)."

What? Why is he pairing me up with the new girl?

"Connie, you'll be paired with me." Levi explained to Connie.

"Ah, come on!" I heard Connie complain.

"Let's head to the field now and I want this room spotless for tomorrow and that's an order." He warned all of us.

"(Y/N), here's your uniform. Go change into it quickly." He said, throwing it in her face.

We had to wait for the idiot to change and come back. Afterwards, we headed out on the field. I went to my assigned squared in area. I was also given the knife by Captain Levi, so I had the advantage over her, she seemed weak anyway.

She didn't say anything when she saw me—she just stood there, eyeballing me. She probably thought I was going to go easy on her because she's new, but that wasn't the case at all. I don't give a damn about her, my objective here is to win.