"Yes, actually. You will be. We're also going to be practicing with other gear and so much more." He said, casually smiling, as if he wasn't nervous about any of this.

"What happens if you win this so called team battle?" I questioned, tapping my foot.

"Nothing really, to be completely honest. As if Levi's praises aren't enough. Although, sometimes he does recommend his best students for the Survey Corps and that's big for a lot of us, especially me." He smiled, pointing at himself.

My father told me that many years ago, titans had existed. There were even walls up at one point, to where no one knew or could explore the outside world, but after the walls were destroyed, all the districts united and we were finally one.

However, I knew about the Survey Corps and everything else. My dad taught me, but I didn't much care either. A titan hasn't been in sight for years, they were finally extinct. I'm starting to think that choosing a branch is pretty much meaningless.

"Hey? What's the point in joining the military? Why do you want to join the military?" I asked, intrigued.

"Well, the military here is different now. We mostly protect civilians and watch over districts. That's something I wouldn't mind doing." He continued, looking at the white board.

"Oh, I see." I stated, softly.

"Why are you here if you're not planning on joining the military?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I don't really know, I was kind of forced to attend here." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you're here. I'll try to make this school a fun experience for you." He replied, laughing softly.

I giggled, "Have you seen the world? Like the world other than this island?" I questioned him.

"Uh, no not really, you?" He asked me, shaking his head.

"No, it's always been my dream. To explore and you know..." I stopped myself from talking, before something I didn't want to say came out of my mouth.

"I feel you." He replied.

"I really hope I don't compete against you guys, since I've kinda just got thrown into this class." I twiddled with my fingers, anxiously.

"Look, you're new here. Unless you prove yourself on the practice field today, I don't think you'd be competing against any of us." He patted me on the shoulder and I was relieved.

A short person walked in the classroom, I almost thought he was a student, until he started speaking.

"Who's that?" I asked, nudging Jean's shoulder.

"That's our Captain Levi, the one I just mentioned." He whispered over.

"He looks like a student." I giggled, leaning back into my seat.

"He isn't. He is much older than us, he's just short. He's the strongest one here, the closest one to ever beating him was Mikasa and she could barely get ahold of him." He elaborated.

"She must be really good, huh?" I asked, glancing over at her.

Her eyes were straight forward, sometimes she would look at Eren, but other than that she seemed to be highly focused on Captain Levi.