Choosing Pictures, Level Not-So Easy AF

This is just a small chapter to elaborate on the previous, on how to go about choosing pictures. 

When I go looking for pictures, I typically gather a few before I start editing. I collect as many as I can. This doesn't mean I go crazy and save every other picture I find. 

The goal isn't to have as many pictures as you can, it's to have enough to start. You want to have enough pictures to at least start figuring out your layout, and just lay some base backgrounds or objects around. 

This way you get an idea of what you want, or what the cover's base will look like. If you're satisfied with the base, you can go look for more things that will complement it.

You want to have enough pictures (and with variety) to hopefully not go back searching, so only stop when you feel like you have enough. "Enough" can depend, sometimes it can be two pictures, and sometimes up to 5 or more. It all depends on the quality of the pictures you find, and how inspired you are with them. You have enough pictures when you feel like you have enough.

If the initials pictures don't work out, that's totally fine and you can go back to searching for more. It happens a lot that I have to go back at least a few times during the editing process to look for something.

Going back means you have more of an idea of what you want or don't want. The idea of collecting pictures is to start somewhere, and have enough so that if one doesn't work, you can try out a few more before you have to go back searching. 

You will obviously not use all the pictures that you collect. At most, maybe three will be used, or 4-5 if it's a manip. Usually, I only use one or two. Sometimes you go over 5, but that's if a cover requires a lot of small elements. 

The point of collecting pictures is not only to have options, but I use them as some sort of moodboard for the cover. I usually save all the pictures in one file named after the cover, and I go back to look at it to remind myself of the vibe of the cover. Even if I don't use half the pictures, they're there to help me center the vibe of the cover more. 

This applies to everything when you're making a cover but if in the middle of editing, you have an inspiration or a new idea, always try that before going back to what you're originally working on. It might not work out, but the inspiration might work, so it's always worth it!

Like I've mentioned before, don't be too hung up on a single idea. There could be another that is better.

𝑬𝑵𝑫.

Like I said, this is short, but finally a chapter after a while!

If I have time to edit, I will post another chapter this week or the next!

The chapter following the next one will most likely be in the rants section because I have no ideas for what to cover next in this section lol