2

(play the song above throughout this story. tom tells loki this is their song somewhere in the story and it fits the vibe of their relationship)

    The following morning came faster than Loki anticipated. He had slept better than last night, but still only managed to get four hours of sleep. He dressed in black jeans and a navy blue henley with a black jacket just in case. It tended to always be slightly chilly in London.

The storm from yesterday had left the streets wet, so Loki made sure to be extra careful during his walk to school today. His mother and father were both asleep when he had awoken and his brother was rummaging through the bathroom medicine cabinet in search of pain killers. Loki was about to ask what was wrong before he caught a whiff of alcohol. 

His brother had the tendency to do illegal things such as this. Hell, he'd been caught smoking a blunt not even two months ago and their parents had taken his car away for two days before giving it back and just telling him to be careful.

Loki had a feeling if it were him that had done so instead of Thor, he'd be six feet under right now.

A chilly wind blew through and Loki pulled his jacket tighter around his body, thankful he had planned ahead. It was always cold after a storm the night before.

He had just crossed the street when a familiar black jeep pulled up beside him, the window rolling down and Tom's ridiculously cute grin spreading onto his face as he saw Loki.

"Loki!"

The raven turned around and blinked in surprise as Tom opened the passenger side door and gestured for him to get in. He hesitated a moment before giving in and climbing up into the warm vehicle.

Loki shut the car door and buckled up, already feeling his bashfulness creep up on him.

"I didn't know you walked there too." Tom said, brows furrowing as they always did. He hid his hands into the pockets of his coat and tucked his head slightly, averting his gaze to the blur of the street outside the window. 

Tom noticed how shy he was acting. He had never been one to like the same gender, but maybe he did. Loki was bashful and sweet, endearing. It was hard not to be attracted to it. He had pondered over this last night during a football game screening with some of his friends. 

He realized Loki wasn't going to answer him and spoke. "I could give you a ride to and from school everyday if you want."

Loki's soft, green gaze flitted to him and Tom swore his heart sped up.

"O-Only if you want to though- I don't want to- um.."

Loki smiled at Tom's sudden nerves, "Okay."

Tom returned the smile and tried to calm his racing heart. He has a girlfriend for christ's sake! He shouldn't be feeling this way for someone else.

Speaking of his girlfriend, some of his teammates had said she cheated on him with a linebacker from the other school in London, South Hampstead. He didn't want to believe it at first, but his friends wouldn't lie to him. Thoughts of Loki had flashed through his mind then and he honestly didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

The shy raven had captured his attention that's for sure. At first he had thought maybe Loki and Fandral might be something, but then he remembered the blonde aussie kid would probably go back to Australia soon. He actually felt relieved when he thought of that. If Tom was going to pursue Loki, he didn't want competition.

Tom pulled into the parking lot and parked near the back next to Josh's audi. His teammate was leaning against the hood of his car with Thor, the team's backup quarterback and linebacker.