•*•CHAPTER ONE:THE DRIVE•*•

He doesn't know I know, but we're on our way to the psych ward. He told my mother "it's for the better, Clarah." even though I don't need this. He says "She's psychotic!" and "This child needs to be taken away." because he's scared of the power I have over him. I know the rumours. "That girl Piper? She killed five men in three seconds!" that's all they all say.

I'm not saying they aren't wrong, they just aren't right. I killed fifteen men in three minutes. It's not that hard to comprehend. People just don't listen.

My teacher says I'm smart for 16, but I'm not so sure about that. It's more like I read a lot for my age. I read books that the library calls 'ages 30-40' while the others are still where I was in grade 3, 'young adult' and 'ages 14-17'.

"Piper dear, how are you doing back there?" Johnathan said.

"Fine, I guess. I just wish this book had more chapters." I say.

"Oh? How many chapters are there? Wait, don't tell me, 20?"

"Try 59, Johnathan."

"Woah! That's quite a lot! But, as I've said, call me 'John' and when you're ready, 'dad' would be nice."

"You'll never be my father' I whisper

"What was that Pip?"

"Nothing Johnathan."

He sighed in frustration. He will NEVER replace my dad, because my father actually loved me.
•*• WORD COUNT•*•
238 words