Two

'Why aren't you ever seen with anyone, Mr. tomlinson?'

'Why don't you contribute more to society?'

'How is the deal with the Payne Industry going?'

The questions flew right past Louis. He was used to the media trying to get an answer out of him. He smiled politely and climbed into the black SUV that had been waiting for him. He had a meeting that he was running late to, and he simply couldn't afford being late again.

Louis looked out the window and saw the alley where all the duds smoked joint. It used to be so beautiful before the delinquents turned it into their own hang out. He saw a couple of teenagers throwing rocks at a few of the homeless folks, but couldn't be bothered to try to stop them, after all he was running late.

He arrived at Tomlinson Enterprise and walked into the room only to find that everyone was already waiting for him. "Tomlinson, you're late," an aged man said sharply, "we have matters to discuss."

Louis took a seat at the head of the table and crossed his legs. "First order of business.." Louis tuned them out and played with the pencil in his hand. He thought back to the alley that he had seen. Maybe if he got all those teens to leave he could possibly renew the place, make it the beautiful scenery it once was.

"... So that's why I think Mr. Tomlinson should do some charity work." Louis' head snapped up. A woman by the name of Lisa was proposing her idea on how doing some charity work will help Louis' image. "All those in favor say I"

A chorus of 'I's could be heard throughout the room. Louis stood up from his chair and walked towards her. He stood about a foot away from her, "And what do you suggest i do, Lisa?"

The fear on her face was evident. Louis Tomlinson, CEO of Tomlinson Enterprise, was staring down at her with a sharp glare. "Please enlighten me, Lisa." The forced smile he sent her resembled one of a shark's.

She stared at the ground with her mouth gaped open and cheeks lightly flushed. "I was thinking that maybe if you were up for it, you could take on a little project." She quickly recomposed herself and changed the screen picture to one of the alley.

"So you want me to renew it? I was going to do th-"

"No," she flushed a bright pink because she had just cut off the Louis Tomlinson, her boss, "sir, you see the side of the alley where the homeless people are?"

"Yes, i see them. I'm not blind," he rolled his eyes dramatically, "Now could you get to the poi-"

"Sir, please," she said, gaining a bit of self confidence.

Louis looked at her sternly. "Cut me off again and you're fired."

"Yes, sir. It won't happen again. So I was proposing that you take any one of these homeless people and provide shelter and necessities for them." she flattened out her blazer and sent a giant smile to Louis.

"How will helping one of them help my reputation? The people of LA don't even acknowledge them, so why should I? Those people don't bother with the homeless folks, so why would they think I'm some sort of hero if i did?" The authority in his voice made Lisa jump. He took his seat at the head of the table and groaned into his hands. "I'll do it but i get to choose who is going to get their second chance at life."

....

Louis stepped out of his car along with Lisa and a bodyguard. They found themselves at the entrance of the alley. Louis walked around examining the place and making mental notes of everything. "Lisa, I need you to call Robin and tell him that the project will be going on. Tell him I have the finances needed for it."

They walked deeper into the alley and found where the homeless people live. It was disgusting. There were roaches covering the floor and an awful stench of urine. He looked around and saw no one of any interest. "None of these. I will have no part with any of them," he said whilst walking away from that spot, "This is so stupid! I have nothing to prove anyway. I'm a damn CEO living in a penthouse. The minute I let one of those in it'll turn into a fucking soup kitchen!"

"Sir," Lisa said softly, "If I may, please don't make any hasty decisions. There are more people down the block, and if you can't find anyone there then I'll call the whole thing off." Louis huffed and straightened out his tie.

"Okay, there they are, sir." There weren't as many as there were back in the alley but there must have been at least two dozen homeless folks.

Louis' eyes landed on a man in about his early twenties. "I'll take that one," he said pointing to the man. He had long curly hair and his lanky figure was covered by a large sweat suit.

The bodyguard walked towards him and grabbed him by his forearm. He was fighting the bodyguard but quickly gave up due to the fact that he was a lot smaller.

Louis smiled politely once the man was in front of him. "Hello, today is your lucky day. You get a second chance at life." 

He didn't say anything. He stood there glaring at Louis.

"What's your name?" Louis asked, the frustration in his voice evident. He looked over at Lisa for some help but she shrugged because she doesn't understand what's going on. Why isn't this man kissing Louis' feet? Why isn't he praising Louis for being so generous?

"I don't need a second chance. I don't want to be your charity case. I'm fine here all on my own," he freed his arm from the bodyguard's grip, "Oh, and my name's Harry."

He grabbed what little things he had and walked away, leaving them all stunned at his little episode.

"Let's go, sir. This idea was silly anyway," Lisa and the guard walked back to the car. "Coming?"

Louis ran after Harry. There's no way he's going to just walk off like that. Louis was so generous as to open up his home to some street rat and he won't accept? That's absolutely unacceptable and so fucking insulting.

"Listen up. There's no way you're going to walk off after the chance of a lifetime. I simply won't allow it," Louis grabs Harry roughly and shoves him in the direction of the car, "Oh and you won't be needing whatever those are anymore," he said whilst pointing to Harry's belongings.

Harry is heart broken that he's leaving behind his things and what he called his home, but he's too tired to fight. He just nods and lets Louis shove him all the way to the car.

They both arrive and Lisa sends Harry a huge smile. He decides that he likes her because she's so friendly.

The engine starts and they're on their way. It seems too fast for Harry to process, so he decides not to think about it too much. He rests his head against the window, awaiting the life that's to come.