[ seventeen ]

[ seventeen | the cullen's]
[ late may ]
■●____________________●■

The end of the school year was approaching fast and Paul couldn't wait to finally leave, that and Estella had got enough credits to graduate early and already had a spot at Peninsula College to study Interior Design, which made him crazy proud.

He was glad because he couldn't stand the idea of how lonely she would feel at school without him, Jared and Kim if she didn't graduate early. It was cute when she came running out of guidance councillors office toward him to tell him that she had enough credits to graduate.

"You gonna stay on campus?" Kim asked as they sat around a table at lunch.

"No point, it's only a 30 minute train ride from here to Port Angeles." Estella replied softly, popping a fry into her mouth.

"I can drive you baby." Paul insisted, arm around the back of her chair.

"Nope, I'm getting the train, need to be more independent, sweetness." She replied. throwing a fry at his face which he caught in his mouth.

Paul chuckled and knocked his knuckles gently against her cheek which made her smile that big one he loved so much. She finished her last fry on her tray before leaning into Paul's side, leaning against him with a soft look on her face.

"Sweetness? Aw, Paul, that's adorable." Jared teased with a smirk.

"Shut the fuck up." Paul replied jokingly and sent a light hearted glare at his laughing friend.

"Estella!" A voice called and they all looked to see the principle, Mr Byrne, walking toward them with a smile.

"Hi, Principle Byrne." She greeted shyly. "What's up?" She added.

"Well, you where the only student to get a full scholarship to both Harvard and NYU-." The Principle continued talking but Paul didn't care.

He had no idea that Estella had gotten into either of those schools, and on a scholarship as well, they where two of the best colleges in the country, and she chose to go to Peninsula, a small no-name college with the tiniest group of students imaginable, it was the place people went when they had kids as teenagers and went back as adults to get a degree in nursing or woodwork.

"-So you've been awarded as valedictorian, so prepare a speech to give at graduation, congratulations." Mr Byrne finished then walked away.

"Wow that's amazing, Stella, congrats." Kim exclaimed, hurrying to hug her friend who softly laughed.

"Yeah, congrats, shot stack." Jared added and winked jokingly which she snickered at.

"Estella, can I talk to you real quick?" Paul asked quietly and she looked at him in confusion.

"Sure, we'll see you guys later?" She said to Kim and Jared who nodded, waving as they stood up.

They stepped into the quiet hall and Estella rested for Paul's hand to hold but he had crossed his arms and turned to her when they where away from other people. Her eyes widened a little and she stared at her boyfriend in confusion, he never avoided her touching him.

"What's wrong?" She asked, linking her fingers behind her back.

"Why didn't you tell me you got into Harvard and NYU? And on a full scholarship too?" He asked in an almost desperate and out of breath tone.