• Chapter Nineteen •

Start from the beginning

Anna nodded her head. "Yes."

"Like the way a human eye can see?" The shaggy haired male questioned. "Like a comet, maybe, or a meteor?"

The angel stared at the tall hunter curiously. "Why do you ask?" She quizzed.

"Because Sammy is smart." Madelyn replied with a knowing smile, tilting her head up as she looked at her best friend, standing behind her.

Sam smiled at the blonde before shifting his gaze towards Anna. "It means that it's trackable and significant enough to document." He answered. "All we have to do, is find out when and where."

"Here

"Here." Sam said, surrounded by books and old magazines. "In March '85, a meteorite vanished in the night sky over northwestern Ohio. It was sighted nine months before Anna was born, and she was born in that part of Ohio."

"You're pretty buff for a nerd." Ruby commented with a nod of her head.

"Look, I think it was Anna and here, same time -- another meteor over Kentucky." The hunter continued.

"And that's her grace?" The demoness questioned.

"Might be." Sam nodded.

"Alright." The brunette responded. "That just narrows it down to an entire state."

"Look, it's a start." He stated.

She sighed softly. "Sam.. I'm sorry."

The shaggy haired male arched his brow. "For what?" He asked.

"For bringing you this mess." The demoness replied. "If I had known, I would have kept my trap shut."

"Yeah, well, we'll muddle through."

"Not this time. You do not want to get between these two armies." Ruby warned. "It's Godzilla and Mothra. if one side doesn't get us, the other one will."

"So, what do you want to do? Dump Anna and run?" Sam questioned with a hard tone. "Forget it. Look, I know the angels freak you out."

"Forget the angels. It's Alastair I'm scared of." Ruby said.

"Alastair?"

"You met him in the church." She explained. "Practically the grand inquisitor downstairs. Picasso with a razor."

"And?" He quizzed.

"And you should pull him out and throw him back in the pit.. If you weren't so out of shape." The demoness stated.

"Ruby.."

"No, your abilities -- you're getting flabby."

"Yeah, so how do I tone up?" The hunter questioned.

"You know how." The brunette answered with a pointed look. "You know what you got to do."

He shook his head firmly, clenching his jaw. "No, I'm not doing that anymore." He said.

"Sam.." Ruby sighed.

"I said no." Sam repeated sternly.

"Well, then you better pray that Anna gets her groove back, or we're all dead." The demoness said before she glanced over at Madelyn, who was currently engaged in a conversation with Camryn, Dean and Anna. "She must be special, huh? The half angel."

The shaggy haired male followed her gaze towards his best friend, his hazel gaze instantly softening as he smiled slightly to himself. "She is.." He answered quietly.

The brunette looked up at the tall hunter, noticing how his hazel gaze seemed to have shone whenever he was around the young blonde. "I'll be nice to her." She said. "But if she smites me, it's on you."

With a light shrug of his shoulders - which had offended the demoness, Sam made his way outside and approached his brother, the girls and the angel.

"Did you find something?" Dean asked, having seen his younger brother make his way over.

Coming to a stop beside Madelyn, the young hunter nodded his head. "I think so."