Ch 20- The Four Champions

Start from the beginning

"There's a rumour going around that Warrington got up early and put his name in," Dean said bringing her out of her reverie.

"That big bloke from Slytherin who looks like a sloth."

"We can't have a Slytherin champion!" Harry said in disgust.

"Don't be so prejudiced," Adelaide snapped. "If he deserves to be the champion for Hogwarts, then we should support him wholeheartedly,"

Harry and Ron looked up at the Slytherin table and then pretended to throw up onto their plates. Adelaide scoffed incredulously.

"And all the Hufflepuffs are talking about Diggory," said Seamus contemptuously. "But I wouldn't have thought he'd have wanted to risk his good looks."

"Cedric isn't only about his good looks" Adelaide scowled

"Listen!" Hermione said suddenly.

People were cheering out in the entrance hall. They all swivelled around in their seats and saw Angelina Johnson coming into the Hall, grinning in an embarrassed sort of way. Angelina came over to them, sat down, and said, "Well, I've done it! Just put my name in!"

"You're kidding!" said Ron, looking impressed.

"Are you seventeen, then?" asked Harry.

"' Course she is, can't see a beard, can you?" said Ron.

"I had my birthday last week," said Angelina.

"Well, I'm glad someone from Gryffindor's entering," said Hermione. "I really hope you get it, Angelina!"

"Good luck, Angelina," Adelaide said.

"Thanks," said Angelina, smiling at her.

"Yeah, better you than Pretty-Boy Diggory," said Seamus, causing several Hufflepuffs passing their table to scowl heavily at him.

Adelaide rolled her eyes.

"Hey, you better not bad-mouth dear Cedric in front of Addy," Harry teased.

"Shut the hell up or I swear I'll chop you up like daisy roots for potions" Adelaide growled stabbing the butter with the butter knife.

"Why so defensive?" Ron said

"I am defensive about all my friends. And that includes you lot too, but if you are going to be complete prats about it then screw you!" Adelaide said and tore a huge piece of her toast.

"What're we going to do today, then?" Ron asked when they had finished breakfast and were leaving the Great Hall.

"We haven't been down to visit Hagrid yet," said Harry.

"Okay," said Ron, "just as long as he doesn't ask us to donate a few fingers to the skrewts."

And so they set off to Hagrid's.

Harry knocked on Hagrid's door, and Fang's booming barks answered instantly.

"'Bout time!" said Hagrid, when he'd flung open the door. "Thought you lot'd forgotten where I live!"

"We've been really busy, Hag —" Hermione started to say, but then she stopped dead, looking up at Hagrid, apparently lost for words. Adelaide gaped at the sight before her. She had certainly read about this, but the real deal was...well, something.

Hagrid was wearing his best (and very horrible) hairy brown suit, plus a checked yellow-and-orange tie. This wasn't the worst of it, though; he had evidently tried to tame his hair, using large quantities of what appeared to be axle grease. It was now slicked down into two bunches — perhaps he had tried a ponytail like Bill's, but found he had too much hair. The look didn't really suit Hagrid at all.