Ch 17- The Imperius Curse & Crush?

Their lessons were becoming more difficult and demanding than ever before.

Professor Moody or Crouch Jr. had announced that he would be putting the Imperius Curse on each of them in turn, to demonstrate its power and to see whether they could resist its effects.

"But — but you said it's illegal Professor," said Hermione uncertainly as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room.

"You said — to use it against another human was —"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eye swivelling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. Adelaide raised her eyebrow suspiciously.

"If you'd rather learn the hard way — when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely — fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

He pointed one gnarled finger toward the door. Hermione went very pink and muttered something about not meaning that she wanted to leave. Harry and Ron grinned at each other. They knew Hermione would rather eat bubotuber pus than miss such an important lesson. Adelaide, however, had half a mind to leave.

Moody began to beckon students forward in turn and put the Imperius Curse upon them. Dean Thomas hopped three times around the room, singing the national anthem. Lavender Brown imitated a squirrel. Neville performed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics he would certainly not have been capable of in his normal state.

Adelaide moved forward tentatively when it was her turn. She did not want the imperius curse on her.

"Imperio!" Moody said clearly.

A most wonderful feeling spread through her. She felt as though she was floating, all her worries were gently wiped out. She could have fallen asleep that very instant. When a small, yet loud voice interrupted her peace.

'Yo! Earth to Adelaide!'

"The hell?"

"Do a pirouette" she heard from a distance.

'Sounds like a good idea. I've always wanted to try ballet...The voice sounds familiar, though.'

'Don't be stupid! That's Moody's voice. The imposter! Remember!'

'But it's ballet,'

'No, you don't you lil bish! He put you under the imperius curse'

"Do a pirouette," Moody's voice echoed in her head again, older this time.

'Now that I think about it, it's kinda stupid. In front of all these people., especially when I don't know the first thing about ballet...and I'm wearing my school uniform,'

'Exactly!'

"A pirouette"

"No thank you. I don't think I will"

"A pirouette!"

'No.' 'NO!'

"PIROUETTE!"

"I SAID NO!" This time the voice came from her mouth. The classroom became clearer and she grew aware of her surroundings. Her right hand was clutching her head, which now had a prickling headache. Her other hand was wrapped tightly around her wand which was in her robes. She blinked.

"Excellent! Look at that you lot! Gracia fought! She fought it and beat it! Her eyes, that's where you see it! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Moody said.