chapter 4

cordelia paced around backstage while they were cleaning up the piano and mic

cordelia paced around backstage while they were cleaning up the piano and mic. mj had just went and she was up next, and she was terrified to say the least. she knew she didn't have to worry that much, she was good, she knew the keys and the lyrics to the song like the back of her hand.

but she had to perform on stage, in front of the principal and two seniors who were judgey. not only them, but her friends were in the audience. in the past few days they've all befriended each other, except for jana and delia. some of them coming closer then others.

she usually didn't have an audience, just her mother or one of the maids, sometimes family friends or family. although her mother didn't care for her music, she thought she was wasting her time on music, when she could of been in business like her.

cordelia was thrown from her thoughts as sebas walked towards her. "you're up. try not to suck." he didn't like her, merely because of the fact she didn't like jana, or him. "thanks, i'm pretty sure i got this." delia shrugged unbothered, although she was mentally freaking out.

"okay, cordelia silva, don't screw this up." the girl whispered to herself in third person. she walked over to the piano, her hands hovering over the keys. "come on, you got this." delia whispered, she took a deep breath as she started playing.

it grew easier once she realized she didn't have anything to worry about. she was talented, and not to mention she could sing amazing. cordelia began singing the lyrics along. after the song finished she stood from the bench. she heard mj squeal as she began clapping, a smile spreading across her face.

although when she looked into the audience her eyes searched for andi, only to be disappointed when she wasn't there. she turned around to walk backstage, only to see andi standing there a stunned expression on her face.

"hi." cordelia greeted shyly, she didn't like how she got shy. considering she was outgoing, but in the moment she was shy, it might of been nerves, or it could be the way andi was staring at her.

"cordelia...that was incredible." delia couldn't fight back the smile, andi still looking bewildered. she never doubted delia was good, but she surly wasn't expecting that.  "thank you, i was nervous it wasn't good enough." delia was being honest. 

"no, it was more then good enough." andi smiled. emilia coming over saying andi had to go on soon. "i should go, but good luck. not that you need it." delia wished her, andi smiling in response. and with that cordelia went to the audience, finding a seat next to mj.

"oh my god! your performance was amazing!" mj pulled delia into a side hug, the girl taken by surprise, but hugging back. "look, andi's on!" delia's eyes going forward to the stage.

andi took a deep breath before she began hitting the drums. her stopping as she only hit the one, twirling her drumstick between her fingers. the girl began hitting the drums once again, cordelias mouth practically hitting the floor, mj seeing as she smirked to herself. delia was right, andi didn't need luck. she was already talented.