⇢ ˗ˏˋ nine ࿐ྂ

the way he is looking at you.. that's must be how love looks like

 that's must be how love looks like ❞

"that.. that's not true, is it? you're joking. hyouma, you could never commit murder" yumi stands up from the table, running her hands through her hair in shock.

she can't believe any of this, hoping fervently that it's a bad joke.

but you continue to remain silent, your heads bowed guiltily, so she gives her confirmation that this is all the truth.

"shit" she curses, wandering around the kitchen.

she makes you nervous, you are afraid of what is about to happen.

will she report you to the police now? would hyouma let that happen?

your fear eats away at any calm you once had inside you.

"yumi," hyouma begins, continuing to hold your hand. he notices how nervous and on the verge of freaking out you are.

"no. i'm speechless. you've committed murder. god, you've got a person on your conscience!" she finishes running her face, continuing to walk up and down the room.

"no, yumi. i murdered someone, she had nothing to do with it."

"then why is she on the run with you?"

"because it was my father he killed" you speak up.

hyouma looks at you in surprise; since the day this happened, you've never said the word "father" again.

now she freezes, her eyes grow even bigger and her mouth drops open. "what?"

"you heard right. it was my father and he didn't deserve it any other way" your voice gains firmness.. and coldness.

yumi can't help but look at you in irritation. she doesn't even know if she should be afraid because there's a murderer under her roof. when she looks at hyoumq, she just can't believe it - he's always been pure innocence; a good-hearted soul, and he's supposed to have done something so bad?

"are you aware of what you're saying? it's about your father. actually, i should go to the police" she says and instantly the blood freezes in your and your boyfriends veins.

"hey, give us the chance to explain" he asks her and wants to stand up.

"what is there to explain? murder is not excusable"

"but years of torture, beatings and mental abuse? that's excusable or what?" you reply coldly, no longer jittery now.

yumi look is irritated, but you can see curiosity flashing in it.

"you should hear someone out before you pillory them" you quote her words, getting her to sit down across from you.

"you don't have to do this y/n" your boyfriend whispers to you, he knows how heavy this weighs on you, how broken it has made you.