𝟒. 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐍'

Start from the beginning

Pope nodded in agreement. "Bad karma to be implicated in a felony , too." He lifted his head to look at the two boys across from him. "We gotta' go dark."

JJ stepped up to the window and looked out , which caused Elle to roll her eyes , knowing he wanted to be dramatic. "If that means we get to keep the money , then I agree."

The brunette boy looked up , patting JJ on the shoulder. "I don't agree."

"What ? Why ?"

John B threw his arms down as he paced around the porch. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole." He pointed out the window as he turned on his heels .

"Shit , one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about , a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket , and all the sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'."

Elle looked up at him. "So..this Grady-White. It's really Scooters ?"

The group nodded in agreement, as Pope grabbed at fishing rod off the wall. The group kept talking as the walked out to the dock , confused about what was going on.

The two blondes walked in the back , next to each other. Elle turned to look at her friend , who was staring straight ahead.

She grabbed his shoulder, turning him on his heel. "What 'gun' were you talking about ?" She asked , raising an eyebrow at the boy.

JJ looked down. "We went to the hotel. , where the key was from , and I kinda stole a gun..and some money."

Elle gasped , looking down at the backpack the boy way carrying. "Is that -...is it in there?"

He nodded as he turned to keep walked. "Listen , Elle. It's fine. You know me. Well , you know me the best out of everyone here. I wouldn't do anything that could hurt someone."

The girl laughed. "Yeah right. I know well enough to think the opposite."

"Aw fuck you!" He said , laughing at her. He turned to face the blonde , looking at her side profile. A small smile tugged at her face , as her eyebrows turned upward. He felt completely mesmerized.

The group turned to them , as John B cupped his hands around his mouth. "Yo! C'mon slowpokes!"

JJ laughed and ran up to the brunette. "Alright alright!" He exclaimed , as Elle ran up behind him.

"I'm serious guys. Think about it." John B said, hopping up onto the dock's railing. "How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

The shorthaired boy inhaled sharply. "Prostitution."

John B sighed and shook his head. He held his hand out towards Pope , shaking it as he talked. "Square groupers , bro. Okay? Flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance."

He stretched his arm out towards the water , pointing to it as he continued. "They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean ? JJ?"

"They were straight smugglin'." The blonde said , not taking an eye off of she fishing rod he held in his hand. Elle leaned on the railing next to him , her eyes fixated on the line in the water.