Intruder

Shick. Shick. Shick.

The man moved silently through the rows of corn, back hunched and hood pulled over his head.

Shick. Shick. Shick.

His companion, however, did not.

"Quiet bub," the man called behind him, "You're like a bull in a China shop. Quit touching the corn and get a move on."

The creature only answered with a growl and snarl, expressing his frustration at his owner's words.

"I know you're big, just suck it in."

The noise stopped for a moment before it continued again. The man would have rolled his eyes if he had any.

They kept walking until the silhouette of the farmhouse came into the man's poor vision. A few more steps, and the kitchen light could be seen. Two more, and he kneeled into the dirt.

There she was, or at least, there was her barely visible figure.

The creature rounded beside the man, resting down into the ground as they watched the farmgirl inside the house. She was moving from room to room, carrying various items in her hands before returning for more.

"What is she doing?"

The man held his palm face up, waiting for the creature beside him to answer.

It took a moment, but he could eventually feel the sharp claws start to tap at his hand, spelling out his message in Morse code.

Putting away her groceries. I don't see why you need me, can't you see her fine after what Slender did to you?

The man threw his hand down into the dirt, turning and glaring at the hulking creature behind his mask.

"You know I can't. She's too far away and it's getting dark."

There was a pause where his shoulder was tapped.

"Yes I can see you. Geez, Seed, I love you to death but how many times do I have to explain it?"

Seed hung his head, letting out an ashamed click.

"Okay," the man sighed, dragging a hand over his mask, "Look, you're close, so you're clear as crystal. She's farther away, so she's more of a blurry silhouette. As for the rest, no luck, I can't see it."

Seed nodded, turning his gaze back to the small farmhouse.

"Let me know when you think she's asleep," the man sighed, leaning back into the dirt, "Remember, I get the kidneys and other organs. You get the rest, capiche?"

Seed tapped back,

Capoche

***********

"No you cannot come with me."

Seed whined, trying his best puppy dog eye to woo over his owner.

"Because you're as loud as Ben when he loses, now stay here and keep guard."

Seed only huffed and turned away, angrily planting his butt into the dirt. The man sighed, gave his pet a sympathetic look behind his mask, before closing the door and blocking him from view.

The farmhouse was silent, other than the dripping of the leaky faucet in the kitchen. Pictures covered the walls, some visible, some not, but all of them seemed to contain different people. He grimaced at the muddy floors beneath his feet. Sure, he may be a murderer, but he at least kept his humanity enough to clean up after himself.