"You made me do this." His voice was venomous. It was dark... so dark. Except for two blood red eyes.

You shot up in bed gasping for air and heard a child's cries of anguish. The cries of Overhaul's other test subject faded into the distance. Breathing hard, you tried to calm your mind. Concentrating on slowly breathing in and out slowly eased your panic. That child you heard, you hadn't been allowed to see her, or even know her name. If you got out of here you wondered if you could possibly get her out too. This was no place for a child. Overhaul's many shady deeds were not unacceptable to you. However, the abuse of a small child? It was out of the question.

Despite your pounding heart you felt your exhausted body pulling you back to sleep. The child's wails were unintelligible now. There was nothing you could do but sleep. Soon your thoughts floated into oblivion, completely forgetting the nightmare you had just awoken from.

According to the digital clock, it was morning when you woke up to scuffling and yelling outside your door. What little precious sleep you had gotten was not enough, especially at this hour of the morning. You heaved yourself to your feet, fully intending on yelling unsavory names at whoever had woken you. But when you listened at the door you stopped in your tracks. Two unmistakable voices could be heard outside your room.

"We need to see her." and "Part of the deal." were clearly heard.

"I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU! Hey, we don't want any trouble"

"Twice?" You called out.

"Y/N!" Toga and Twice yelled in unison. "Let us in!"

There was a fumbling of keys at the door and it swung open. Toga and Twice tumbled into the room and you were immediately drowned in hugs.

"We were so worried! I COULDN'T CARE LESS." Twice cried, eyes tearing up from under his mask.

"Tomura said you were in really bad shape when he saw you." Toga squeezed you tighter, making you groan from pressure on your many bruises. "Ah sorry! Are you okay?"

"Better now that you're here." You hugged both of them and smiled tearfully.

"We'll get you out of here as soon as possible." Toga whispered to you. You nodded in response and gave a sad smile.

A commotion outside drew everyone's attention. It sounded as if a battle had broken out several floors above. Yelling could be heard clearly even through the layers of concrete.

"Guys? What's that?" You asked, wide eyed.

"We've got company." Hari rushed in through the door. "Y/n, come with me."

"But what about..."

"We don't have time, don't ask questions." He straightened his mask and turned to your two villainous friends. "You two know what to do so get going."

"TIME TO BUST SOME HEADS! We won't leave y/n here!" Twice protested.

"Yeah, she should stay with us." Toga put an arm around your neck protectively.

"Do as you're told. Y/n come on, if there's anything you need then take it now." You looked around, there wasn't much in the room but your eyes landed on the book. Hurriedly you snatched it up and stuffed it into your pocket. Hari grabbed your wrist and dragged you into the hallway a bit too roughly.

"Y/n! We'll find you!" Toga called out to you before you turned a corner and your friends disappeared from sight.

It was time, the perfect time to escape. The commotion upstairs would distract everyone and you could get away. If only you could get away from Hari, you'd be free. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Just a short chapter this week. Thanks for all the love on this book! You readers are the best!

Just gonna do a shameless plug here. If you wanna support my work you can do that at my Ko-Fi account. A lot of my artworks are on there if you wanna check that out too.

https://ko-fi.com/dominiqueshafferart

Also, a random thing, if you wanna know what music I listen to while I write this story, I have a Spotify playlist. This story is inspired a lot by music so I'm always adding to it and stuff. If this book reminds you of any songs then let me know! I might add it to the playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/62RBlWG78NDNXvFcPAJ0uB?si=3d00310a8c8b44d4

IDK id links work in chapters so both of these links will also be in my bio on my account page. Anyway, thank you all!