Ron went purple. He stared up at her, opened his mouth to reply, but nothing came out except a faint gurgling noise.

"Non, tu peux le prendre," said Adelaide, pushing the dish towards Fleur, much to the shock of her friends. (No, you can take it)

(Not the shock that she gave her the bouillabaisse, but that she could speak French,

Honestly, you guys!)

"Tu parles français?" she asked apparently interested.

(You speak French?)

"Oui, ma mère était française." Adelaide replied, she was honestly enjoying it . 

(Yes, my mother was French) '

In my past life' she didn't add.

"Moi-même Fleur Delacour, au plaisir de vous rencontrer"

( Myself Fleur Delacour, pleasure to meet you)

"Adélaïde Gracia, c'était aussi un plaisir de vous rencontrer"

( Adelaide Gracia, it nice meeting you too)

"J'aurais aimé continuer notre conversation, mais mes amis attendent la bouillabaisse, retrouvons-nous" 

(I would have loved to continue our conversation, but my friends are waiting for the bouillabaisse, hopefully we meet again)

"Avec un peu de chance!"

(Hopefully!)

(Don't attack me if the French is wrong, I don't know a single French word. I used Google Translate)

She picked up the dish and carried it carefully off to the Ravenclaw table. Ron was still goggling at the girl as though he had never seen one before. Adelaide and Harry started to laugh. The sound seemed to jog Ron back to his senses.

Ron looked at her "You can speak French,"

"Fluent French!" added Hermione.

"Yeah, I can also speak Latin, Bulgarian, Russian, Hindi and Italian." She added.

"You never told us." Accused Hermione

"Well, you never asked," Adelaide sassed back.

Apparently Ron was back to the topic 'Fleur'

"She's a veela!" he said hoarsely to Harry.

"Of course she isn't!" said Hermione tartly. "I don't see anyone else gaping at her like an idiot!"

Well, she was wrong. Almost all the boys had their heads turned, watching her with a dazed expression as she crossed the hall.

"I'd say she's half veela," Adelaide said simply. "Maybe one by fourth, you know,"

"I'm telling you, that's not a normal girl!" said Ron, leaning sideways so he could keep a clear view of her. "They don't make them like that at Hogwarts!"

"They make them okay at Hogwarts," said Harry without thinking. He was looking at Cho Chang.

"Girls are not products you slugs," Adelaide scolded.

"When you've both put your eyes back in," said Hermione briskly, "you'll be able to see who's just arrived."

She was pointing up at the staff table. Ludo Bagman was now sitting on Professor Karkaroff's other side, while Mr Crouch, was next to Madame Maxime.