"Especially if you managed to catch Arla's attention." My thoughts slip through my lips which makes Arla's head shake at my teasing.

"Oh come on, I ain't that difficult." She laughs softly, Steve's eyes never fraying away from her once. "Right Steve?"

"You're a catch Darlin'. Right place, right time, I got lucky." His words make Arla's cheeks turn a dark shade of red and I can't help but swoon at his smoothness.

"See?" A soft whisper next to my ear pulls my attention away from the couple opposite me, and I suddenly realize how close he was. "Ladies man."

"Can't even begin to deny it." I shrug, keeping my gaze forward because I knew if I turned my head, my face would be awfully close to his. "I'm blushing and he ain't even talking to me."

"If it was anyone other than Steve, I'd be worried he was winning you over."

"Oh, I could never do that to Arla." Choosing the words that wouldn't inflate his ego. He didn't need my reassurance anyway.

I finally turn my head to him, my breath hitching imperceptibly as my eyes run over his face.

My eyes unconsciously linger on his lips as his tongue darts out over them and as soon as I realize, I lift my eyes to meet his.

I knew he had caught me watching him by the way a cocky smirk was plastered over his face.

My cheeks were getting hotter underneath his gaze but he had not made a move to say or do anything as of yet, probably enjoying the way he was making me squirm under his gaze.

"So, Arla is the reason?"  His voice came out lower than before, the raspiness of his voice becoming more evident. "Not because you're interested in someone else?"

"Mmh, not that I recall." I truthfully did not know how I was responding to him right now, because my body seemed to be going haywire being so close to him and underneath his gaze.

"Such a shame." His eyes drop down to my lips, and I swear I almost stop breathing as I see him lean a little bit closer towards me while he looks back up. "Would expect A Doll Face like you to be going steady with someone."

"Can't say I turn too many heads." He lets out a laugh, and I feel his breath fan over my lips.

"Oh doll, I don't think that's true. I just think you're oblivious to the men around you."

"Well, it's gotten me here with you, so I wouldn't say it's a problem, would ya?"

"Most definitely won't hear me complain."

A cough next to us draws me out of Bucky's trance and I notice Steve and Arla both watching the two of us.

The smirk on her face made me blush and I bit down on my bottom lip to try hide my smile.

Bucky slowly moves away from me, seemingly not fazed by Steve and Arla's gazes.

"Didn't mean to interrupt, but Steve and I are going to head to the floor if you two lovebirds wanna join."

"Oh, uh-"

"Whad'ya say doll? I got some real good moves."

"Please, buck can't dance at all." Steve cuts in, and I let out a soft laugh.

"In that case, I can't pass up on seeing that." Arla pulls Steve out of the booth and towards the crowded dance floor as Bucky and I shuffle out of our seats.

"Come on snake, let's rattle."

50's Slang Glossary:- Going steady: Dating -Come on snake, let's rattle: ask a girl to dance

- Going steady: Dating
-Come on snake, let's rattle: ask a girl to dance