four ; SEA OF EMPTINESS

"Let it hurt

"Let it hurt. But let me survive."

     SLEEP WAS HARD to come by that night

     After Luv came and confirmed that Amy had died, Primrose didn't leave her spot. She stayed with Andrea, looking down at the young girl whose skin has become to turn a faint grey. Everyone stood by the massacre, watching with guns in their hands. Primrose knows they were all thinking the same thing. Amy would turn soon enough and here she and Andrea were, putting themselves in harm's way.

      Sam had tried to get Primrose to leave Amy's side. She knows she should. But, she just couldn't find it in herself to get up. How could she? How could she leave Andrea, a friend, alone at a time like this?

     Primrose noticed that as the sun was coming out, the paler Amy's skin became. Her once blue eyes turned to a shade of grey, too. Whatever this hell was, was beginning to take place. It was going to infest Amy. It would turn this once sweet girl into a shell of herself. It would turn her into the monsters the group has been running from.

     In the midst of her grief and despair, Andrea had grabbed onto Primrose's upper arm. Primrose turned to look at her and saw the devastation across the blonde's face. Despite it, Andrea still found it in herself to tell Primrose, "Go. She's going to turn. Think about your baby. Go."

     Her baby snapped her out of it. She knew she had someone to live for. Sam, alongside Glenn, had guided her to the chairs the rest of the group had been occupying when she finally stood up. They sat her down and immediately, Luv pulled out a blood pressure cuff and measured her blood pressure. Sam had a damp towel and began to wipe away the blood from Primrose's hands and face. Despite the pulsing heat she felt on her right arm and Sam's hands on her, Primrose stared directly at the scene in front of her.

     What a horrific shame.

     The sun was fully out now, yellow and orange hues blazing across the horizon. A chill began to set in the air. The guys have started to get up and decided to dig graves for their friends who've died. Primrose watches as they carry bodies to the other side of the campsite. Friends, full of hope that they will be rescued, are now dead with a knife-shaped gash in the back of their heads. When she saw Ed laying on the ground like that, soulless and dead, all she felt was apathy. Like she's always said: karma always comes back.