t w e n t y - t h r e e

Start from the beginning

You smile unconsciously hearing them laugh.

"I was thinking of aglio e oglio but that works too."

Once the sauce of the rice cake made contact with your tongue, you moaned in happiness causing the person in front of you to laugh heartily at you.

"I guess, a very long day at work?" You nod.

"Today was where we present our presentation for the 40th anniversary and guess what! They picked ours!" You grinned.

"Well, you did work hard on that. Even though, half of it was possible because of my help."

"Okay not anyone's good as you, Mark Lee." You sneered, sticking your tongue out.

He rolls his eyes, "Yah, you're supposed to be the one who's treating me but look who's eating with such gusto with my money!"

"Not my fault, you love me." You jokingly said, not thinking.

"Yeah, I do." He casually says.

The silence that came after was deafening, the chattering of the people around grew louder as seconds pass. Hands became clammy under the metallic chopsticks you were holding. You swallowed down your throat and scratch at your jaw.

"Mark-"

He sighs, "Is it bad that I'm still hoping you'll be able to like me again?"

You shake your head, "Yes. I mean, n-no. Nothing's wrong with liking a person but Mark I thought we were on the same page?"

"Same page of what exactly?" He asks reluctantly.

You opened your mouth but words died out in your lips. Why is it so hard to say it out loud? You needed to tell him, to stop yourself from hurting him but why couldn't you say something?

Say it, Y/N.

Before the both of you will get hurt.

"I'll shoot my shot, Y/N. Again." You peered up at Mark, you see nothing but determination in his eyes. You felt a ton of guilt thrown at you when you nodded.

Words of rejection thrown at the bin.

-

a month later...

"Ms. Han, A delivery for you."

You blink up at your cubicle to see a grinning Sana, holding a bouquet of flowers. Before you could say anything, she places the flowers on your side and went back to her place. You raise your brows at her. You cleared your throat.

"Aren't you going to pester me again who's sending me these?" You said amused.

"And you to dodge my question every time? Nah."

You stare at her and see her being antsy while pretending to focus on her work, you caught her eyes peering over you then looked away to work, humming a weird melody. You've known her for seven years and she didn't change her habits of being curious one bit, you liked that.

"They're from Mark." You informed, typing away on your keyboard.

Sana was all over you again, "Huh? Are.. you two back together again? What about-"

"No." You cut her off.

"What? Then, are you leading him on again?"

"What do you mean?"

Sana came closer to you by kneeling on the floor and acted like you two were helping each other on something and not gossiping.

"What I mean by again, remember four years ago?"

You stopped to remember about what she meant.

"Don't tell me you forgot about it already?" She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You slept with him at the graduation party, accidentally calling him that guy's name and because you felt bad about it, you went out with him saying that you forgot about that guy and want to move on. When he was about to ask you to be his girlfriend, you dropped the bomb about you couldn't mov-"

"Okay- Okay. I remember." You cut off her again.

"I've only been supporting your decision because you were very heartbroken when he left but using Mark all over again? Y/N, you're better than that." She had a look of disappointment in her eyes but disappeared the moment it appeared.

You sighed, "Can we talk about this later? We're still at work hours."

Sana nodded, "Promise me we'll talk. Don't run away again like before. Okay?"

You nodded slowly.

I won't.

||\🙂
||  ((>
||  <\

hahaha hi? 

Next.