"Mumbling again, are we?" I hear Edmund's soft voice behind me. I run my hands over my face before turning back to face him.

"You always seem to be eavesdropping on my conversations with myself," I say with a small smile.

He comes and sits down next to me so that his shoulder touches mine.

"How are you feeling after...everything?" Edmund asks.

"About as well as I could be," I say. "It's all been a bit much. Being here and all. I don't know how you've fought in battles before."

"I don't quite know either," Edmund laughs. "You were a good partner though."

"As were you, your Majesty," I smirk at him.

"I do love being called that," Edmund sighs jokingly. "It really shows me the honor I deserve."

"Shut up, Pevensie," I lightly push his shoulder.

"You wouldn't have nearly as much fun if I did that, would you?" Edmund cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Oh I'm sure I could find something to entertain me," I look down at his lips briefly before looking into his eyes.

Edmund leans in very close to me. I hold my breath but hold eye contact with him.

"Something?" Edmund tilts his head to the right. "Something like...this?"

Edmund pecks me on the lips lightly, leaps up, and runs down the How laughing at his trick. I take a second to realize what has just happened before jumping up.

"EDMUND PEVENSIE! You are in SO much trouble!"

I chase him down the How and across the field below. He turns around and starts jogging backwards laughing at me.

"PLEASE you know you liked it!" He teases.

I stop and put my hands on my hips, out of breath from running after him.

"Don't flatter yourself, your majesty," I mock. "If anyone is enjoying this too much it's you!"

Edmund walks towards me tiredly and out of breath from his sprint down the hill. I see a twinkle in Edmund's eye as he approaches me with a tired smile.

"Oh, I'm definitely enjoying myself, miss y/n," he says as he steps up to me. "Are you?"

Ed puts one hand on my waist and pushes the hair blowing in my face back with the other. He pulls me against his chest roughly.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asks me again, his eyes looking over my face before settling on my eyes.

"Mm-mhm," I manage to get out.

Edmund beams at me.

"I thought so."

He brings his hand to my face and leans in. I close my eyes and feel his lips press against mine. I bring my arms up to his shoulders and wrap my arms around his neck as his hand falls to my waist. His lips are soft and sweet but strong against mine. He kisses me earnestly for a few more seconds before pulling away and pressing our foreheads together.

"You're right," Edmund whispers. "I'm enjoying this way too much."

I pull away and laugh.

"Next time, don't make me run before you kiss me."

"Next time?" Edmund says with a flirtatious eyebrow raise.

"If you're lucky," I smile at him and walk back towards the How, obviously to inform Susan of what just happened.

Before I got the chance, Peter came running out of the How.

"Edmund! Come quick!" Peter shouts.

Ed immediately breaks into a run after his brother. I follow them into the How and into the room holding the Stone Table.

Peter and Edmund run in before me, and I see a massive sheet of ice with a woman behind it-or in it.

The White Witch.

Her hand is reaching through towards Caspian, who seems entranced with her presence.

I'm snapped out of my own trance by a vicious growl as some sort of wolf jumps over the table towards Edmund. Ed rolls under the wolf and jumps up. He slices the wolf with his blade and it howls in pain. I look over to Peter who is fighting a nasty looking creature that had cut Caspian's hand. Lucy and Trumpkin were taking down the dwarf Nikabrik, who had seemingly been loyal to the White Witch all along.

Peter knocks Caspian away from the Witch and puts his sword between he and she.

"Get away from him!" Peter shouts.

"Peter, dear, I've missed you," she breaths in a haunting voice. She reaches her hand towards him.

"Just one drop of Adam's blood," the words slither off her tongue. Chills shoot down my spine, but I'm eerily drawn to her words. "You know you can't do this alone."

Peter begins lowering his sword slowly when a blade pierced through the ice the Witch stands in. Cracks spider web up the sheet of ice held up by two pillars of Aslan's tomb. The Witch throws her head back and her arms out as the ice shatters and explodes violently and falls to the ground only to reveal Edmund behind her with his sword in hand.

Edmund's chest rises and falls with each heavy breath he takes. He looks at his older brother with an emotionless yet strong look on his face.

"I know," he says in a low voice. "You had it sorted."

Peter and Caspian look at each other before turning to see Susan, who had come in at the sound of the ice shattering, and me, who was all around horrified and confused at what had just happened.

Susan looks at Caspian with a look of horrid disappointment and shock before turning and running out of the How. I look at the boys sadly as Edmund walks up to me, takes my hand in his, and walks me out.