𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞."

Several years ago, in the small, prospering kingdom known as Asgard, a young prince known by the name of Loki ruled over the lands with careless leniency. He constantly taxed the village to fulfill his own material desires, and filled his castle with a vast array of priceless material pleasures.

One day, on a particularly dark and stormy night (how cliche, I know), an old beggar arrived at the golden castle in the midst of a ball.

The beggar, seeking refuge from the harrowing storm outside, offered the prince a simple blue rose in return for warmth and shelter for the night. However, Loki all but laughed at the elderly woman's offer, rejecting the gesture in his characteristically cruel and selfish manner.

Utterly repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince abruptly turned the woman away, tossing the pitiful gift of a rose on the floor before him.

However, the woman warned him not to be decieved by physical appearances, for true beauty is found within.

When he dismissed her again, the old woman's gaunt appearance melted away in a bath of golden light, revealing a beautiful enchantress.

Loki begged for forgiveness at her feet as, to his horror, he witnessed his grave mistake; but it was too late, for she had already seen that there was no love in hidden in the vast depths of his heart.

As punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast: a Frost Giant; placing a curse upon the castle and all who lived there.

As days melted away into years, the cold prince and his luxurious tendencies were all but forgotten by the rest of the world, for the enchantress had erased all memory of them from those they loved.

But, the rose that the Enchantress had offered him truly was an enchanted rose, for if Loki could learn to love another and earn their love in return before the time the last petal fell, the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a monster for all of time.

As years bled away, he fell into despair and begun to loose all hope. For who could ever learn to love a monster?

Now, dear reader, you must be wondering, 'why, if the Frost Giant and his servants were erased from everyone's memory, how do you remember them?' , and my answer to you would be that that is a question that you must read on to find the answer to.

For now,  however, I simply urge you to sit back, grab your favorite snack, and listen to this tale of two unsuspecting souls whose fates would forever be tied together.

❅❅❅

i had a spontaneous burst of unmedicated adhd energy to write this, so i hope u enjoy

i had a spontaneous burst of unmedicated adhd energy to write this, so i hope u enjoy. the story will loosely follow the classic tale of beauty and the beast, but anyone who's read any of my other works knows that i cant resist bending the story a bit and adding some heavily needed comedic relief ;)

oh and also, chapters will be much longer than this, so dont worry. i couldnt leave u guys hanging for too long

- kay <3