part three- the dorm circumstance

Shit Show- Peter McPoland

Penelope's parents didn't care all that much for her. Only that she brought honor to their name and whatnot; not that she did anyway. Little did the poor girl know, her parents knew they couldn't rely on her record anymore as it was inexpugnable, so they prayed and prayed that her looks would get her at least a husband.

Phineas on the other hand was free as a bird, of course as long as he became a doctor or a lawyer. In his father's eyes, that was the only way to become successful.

After checking that she put the uniform on, and "correctly", only did their mother and father leave, with only a short goodbye for Penn. Penelope figured they went to Phineas' dorm, but she couldn't care less. They were gone now, and they couldn't hurt her anymore.

As small as it was, the room was decent. With one single bed, a desk, and minuscule dresser, it would have to make due especially since she was told this was one of the larger rooms. Perks of being the only girl at an all-boys boarding school. She would be living here for the next year if she didn't get expelled before then. As much of a rebel Penn was, she didn't want to risk being expelled and left at the expense of her parents. Without Phineas there with her, she wasn't sure what they might do.

After settling in for a few dull minutes, Penelope decided it was time to venture out into Hell-ton. But not before pulling up her skirt and fixing her tie along with her blazer. The blazer and tie were identical to the ones the boys wore, and the skirt, now shortened by Penelope, was a blue and red plaid. She ran her fingers through her hair a few times while looking in the mirror and tossed it in front of her shoulders.

Penelope stepped out of her room and shut the wooden door behind her and started down the hallway, which was still filled with doting parents and annoyed teenage boys.

As she strutted down the hallway, wonderstruck boys lost eye contact with their parents and gaped at her while she eavesdropped on all of their conversations. It was the same old "Love you, son! Make sure to brush your teeth!" from every parent, so eventually she stopped listening.

The opposite end of the hallway was crowded by the eleventh grade boys, same year as Penelope. Thankfully most of the parents were gone, due to the fact that the boys were older and somewhat more mature. Well, about as mature all 17 year old boys could get. The parents also would've certainly put an end to the wolf-whistling coming from some of the dorms. That one was a plus for Penelope too. She honestly enjoyed the attention.

What caught Penelope's eye was a doorway filled with three of the handsomest looking guys in Welton (although in Penelope's opinion they were all cute and lucky for her, all available). They were engaged in conversation with two other boys sitting in the dorm. She waited against the wall for a minute while thinking about whether she should enter the room or not.

"Yep. Chemistry. My father thought I should get ahead. How was your summer Slick?"

"Keen."

Being the daring girl that she was, she stopped in front of the doorway, behind the three boys. One of the boys inside the room noticed her immediately.

"Well, if it isn't the girl of Welton. Welcome." The tall, brown-haired guy looked at her with a gleam in his eye, and a certain excitement.

Penelope just smirked at his comment as he pointed to the empty chair in the room. However, she didn't sit just yet. She wondered if the boys at Welton ever imagined what the girl would be like. It comforted her to believe she was actually wanted somewhere.

"Meeks. Door. Closed." Another chestnut haired boy pointed at the door from the bed he was lying on. The red-haired guy with a large pair of glasses, presumably Meeks, closed the door from behind Penelope. To Penn, the action was basically an invitation to her to stay and hang out, even though she didn't even know their names.

"Gentlemen, what are the four pillars?"

As nonchalant as Penelope acted around others, she was quite relieved to see them act normally around her. She laughed as they answered the boy's question. Of course she knew the answer to that question as well.

"Travesty, horror, decadence, excrement."

Penelope smirked again and this time all of the guys in the room seemed to notice.

***

Amidst the conversations, a certain chestnut-haired boy lying on Neil's bed in the corner of the room studied the gorgeous girl more than he had ever studied for a test in school.

He came to the conclusion that she was utterly break taking. And he wouldn't stop until he had her.

thank you for reading,